is medication treatment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

The “panic stage”, memories and view of oneself resulting in splitting of the personality by the repressed part of the personality which takes over, and the need to clutch on to an idea of self that leads to an involuntary state of self hypnosis to block out reality…  this is the evidence that we know where schizophrenia has its roots. To medically treat an individual before the individual has the chance to comprehend this triggering state is neglect, and rejection. Failing to acknowledge the whole landscape of the mental condition and the areas of the psyche that produce the undesired chemistry is dismissing the point of therapy and aggravating the sense of helplessness and dependence in the individual which causes the illness in the first place?

If the medication was only used in the emergency state and not as a treatment there would be another element to substitute the pills, and that would be the human presence element, that of the shaman, who teaches how to map ones consciousness and mind, cultivating the heart element of self understanding, self realization, self worth and value… the beginning of the self healing process which is the only true healing. The chemistry must come from the inside. The main transformative organ, theheart. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I believe you're right Lena, but unfortunately not everyone has your insight. I hope you have a sensitive therapist, or other mental health worker, with whom you can discuss your approach to your illness. There are a few out there, though I know a lot of doctors are inclined to reach for the prescription pad and ask questions later... when the patient is no longer to answer them coherently.

I do hope you can find your way through all this.

• Posted

Thank you lily.

Having a therapist that can help someone who wants to truly heal is foundemental. imo it all depends on the individual seeking healing or treatment, (if they are lucky and dont get medicated by force falling into psychiatric control which can take over ones life) It depends on how much one trustes oneself, what kind of circuit he fires in his nervous system and therefore what reality he lives in.

I am trying to figure out why so many people like me feel outcasts and rejected, even in the medical field, as their approach to mental states and conditions is very limited and categorized. You are "ill" if your psyche(!) doesnt fit into their known categories of a scientific control which is the opposite from that we expereience, that of dependence, helpleness, fluidity and ancertainty.

Thank you lily. 

Having a therapist that can help someone who wants to truly heal is fundamental. imo it all depends on the individual seeking healing or treatment, (if they are lucky and dont get medicated by force falling into psychiatric control which can take over ones life) It depends on how much one trusts oneself, what kind of circuit he fires in his nervous system and therefore what reality he lives in.

I am trying to figure out why so many people like me feel outcasts and rejected, even in the medical field, as their approach to mental states and conditions is very limited and categorized. You are "ill" if your psyche(!) doesn’t fit into their known categories of a scientific control which is the opposite from that we experience, that of dependence, helplessness, fluidity and uncertainty.

​Its obvious to me that the answers for cure arent easily handed out like prescribed medication, there must be another approach about the whole thing we term illness in order to get to the healing. 

Thank you for your kind reply.

• Posted

Dear Lena, I hope you'll be able to find a doctor or therapist to whom you feel able to explain your views. More and more therapists are starting to take a more flexible view of mental illness these days. I don't think you should give up on the hope of finding one who will understand you and be able to offer the help you need.

Lily

• Posted

What point are you trying to make? Perhaps you might get a reply if we know what you are on about. It is a bit nonsensical 
  • Posted

It must be me, I don't understand what you are talking about. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.