Is my boyfriend lying about a skin condition/disese he has? I have caught it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past couple months i noticed my boyfriend has had this itchy skin problem he will itch his hands, feet, face, nose, scalp, arms ect pretty much all over and i noticed he had a rash on his foot soon after i noticed i was and have been doing the same thing also have had diarrhea, chest paulpatations, rash on legs and arm, a lot of gas and stomach rumblings, ulcers in mouth, cough, sneezing a lot, and aching hands with a red apperance we have a 3 month old son who has had a slight cough, sneezing , a rash that dissipeared after a week or 2 , and yesturday my mum commented on how his finger tips look red to. What could this be? Does it sound like we have caught something? My boyfriend also went to the doctor and got told he has to see a dermatologist when i questioned him he denies thats what she said.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sophie

Have you took your son and yourself to the doctor?

You should both get checked out, not sure why your boyfriend would lie to you.

See what your doctor says and let us know how you get on.

Junie

• Posted

I havent yet no but im planning to soon as its starting to cause me a lot of anxiety. I dont know why he would lie to me but i believe its because he has something and knows i would be angry if he has gave it to me and our son. Im planning on telling my doctor when i next see her x
    • Posted

Make the appointment to see your doctor

As soon as you can, then you will know what it is, and be able to stop worrying about what it could be.

Junie

• Posted

Sophie, have him get a referral to a dermatologist - it could be any number of things - Hope you all find the solutionconfused

• Posted

Well he ended up going to the doctor about something else and text me and told me he has to see a dermatologist when i asked him why he started going off at me getting angry because he knew i would start asking him about his symptoms so i wouldnt know even if he did see one hed keep it from me X
    • Posted

Dear Sophie,

I am not suggesting anything; however, some of the symptoms you have mentioned could be indicative of an STD. I would get a blood test which which can detect numerous viruses.

• Posted

Hi yes i have already thought that and im planning on going to the sexual health clinic to get checked as soon as i can. Especially recently i have also been having symptoms of a yeast infection.
    • Posted

Sophie, I don't know what country you live in or what your heath insurance situation is; however, in America most counties have free clinics for STD testing. I would do this before I wait to see an expensive dermatologist.

• Posted

Sophie, It's me again. I had a skin condition on my lower leg and visited four dermatologists plus an internal medicine doc and a pulmonologist before the fourth derm properly diagnosed my problem. From what you have stated about your bf's unwillingness to share info with you, I would rule out STDs first.

• Posted

I live in the uk so we have the nhs so i could get seem for free either way its just going about it all a lot of hassle but i will feel better once i know and like you said rule out any stds first. Would you say it sounds like it could be hiv? Im worried as my son also had a rash about a month ago that went on its own and hes had a slight cough and sneezing and he seems to be being sick a lot cant keep his bottles down ect.
    • Posted

Sorry i forgot i mentioned about my son in the question.
    • Posted

No he is not being breastfed and i have had itching on my hands not really the palms that i have noticed why is that? But my hands have changed apperance and feel stiff and have a red colour to them i have been clueless about what my symptoms could be since june now.
    • Posted

I am happy to hear that your son is not being breast fed (sorry about the previous misspelling of fed). Some viruses can be transmitted to children through breast milk. You should be able to just walk in to a government clinic without an appointment. Please do so ASAP to give you peace of mind. 

• Posted

Yes im aware of that so im glad that i havent been breastfeeding. Just wondering why you asked are my palms itching?and thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.