Is my friend going to have a heart attack or stroke soon??

Posted , 7 users are following.

My friend is obese, weight close to 400 lb age 50.. I have had 2 episodes with here where I should have drove her to the emergency room.. all the signs of a female heart attack..back, shoulder, jaw, ear pain , sweats and heartburn but she swore she was fine and just has sinus problems ??? Those two episodes were 2 weeks ago.. she has been ok since but still complains on the phone of similar pains.. is she headed for heart attack/ stroke ??? Do symptoms go away????

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's very likely that she may have heart attack, the best advice I can give you is to take her to the emergency room or get her into a regular doctor immediately. Symptoms will only worsen as time goes on if that's what it is.

• Posted

Maybe pay privately for some investigations surrounding her heart? If she is overweight as a friend you could maybe try to help her lead a healthier life style? But I'd say get some tests done best ones would be full blood count, Esr, inflammatory blood tests, get her refererred for her heart they will do stress tests, echocardiogram's all the right tests to see if there is any heart related problem. If her heart is ok, some of the symptoms sound like they could be related to menopause- night sweats etc could it be that? Bottom line get her heart checked out, full blood test to rule out thyroid, and encourage a healthy lifestyle . Hope iv helped .

• Posted

Hi Morgan - these are not the symptoms of sinus problems. They do point towards issues with the heart - her weight can certainly exacerbate this. And no, if there is a problem with the heart the symptoms will not go away, but will present again, and possibly with disastrous consequences. Insist she see a doctor. If she keeps refusing, keep nagging her until she does. It's for her own good. 

• Posted

Hi,  I am sorry to say that your friend is facing more than health issues. I bet she is smart enough to know that the symptoms are not sinus related. She may be facing emotional issues that are holding her back from seeking the help she needs. Is there any kind of counseling clinics or support type groups that you might help her seek. She may be dealing with a troubling past or experience that holds her back from being healthy. Something to think about. My best wishes are with you as you try to help your friend, sounds like you really care about her so I am betting she is a loving and worthwhile person. I so hope she will let you help her. Hugs are coming your way.
  • Posted

I also think that you should take him to the medical. This will help you to save him if you are already admitted himself into good medication. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.