is my son having an attack??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, My son was diagnosed with asthma when he was a baby and seemed to grow out of it by the time he was two. He is now 15 and has it again. The problem is when the doctor diagnosed it again it was because he was just taking extra deep breaths every minute or so. After two days of puffers he was better . Two weeks ago he started again and tonight has complained it is more often even though he is still doing all the medications. He has no other symptoms. Is this an attack or just what asthma is. I am sorry if this seems a stupid question. The only experience of Asthma was when i was at school and a friend had it. However she was totally different and i could hear her wheezing etc. I am going to take him to the doctors tomorrow but would really like your opinions on this. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What was the outcome elmacri? Did you take him to the doctors?

• Posted

My mum had asthma all her life, it can start with heavy breething and can get gradually worse.

also had some scare recently, but it turned out, I have been just  over ventilating from hot weather.

For your son, it might not be asthma, but It might be a good idea to get tested, very easy quick test. 

• Posted

I hope you figured it out by now, but just in case, it's difficult to diagnose asthma with so few symptoms, and I don't know the point of view of the non-asthmatic - since I have asthma, i just know what it FEELS like, not what it LOOKS like.... but I don't always wheeze with attacks, and  I can actually hid it very well if it's mild.  Anyway, i am not sure if it's asthma without knowing how he felt.  I really hope you figured it out by now though smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.