Is pelvic pain a normal side effect that will go away or should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started my first dose of Remeron last night (30mg). I began weaning off Cymbalta (90mg) Tuesday by decreasing the dose by 30mg every 2 days. I took my last dose of Cymbalta (30mg) tonight. Stopping Cymbalta due to side effects.

I was extremely zombie-like this morning, which I expected. my heart feels like it is going to beat out of my chest. I am restless, easily agitated etc. About an hour ago I started to have severe cramping, similar to pain during menses with endometriosis. I am on birth control and skip my period as I have done for years as per my OBGYNs recommendation. Is this a side effect of Remeron that I should be concerned about?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Omg get off remeron its y u feel like that first night i took it was sent 2 the er i had almost 100 tremors is wat its called they doped me up so bad just to get me to relax im srry u r going threw this look it up tremors r a bad side effect from that drug plz dnt take it that pill almost killed me i did anything and everything to try n stop the feelings was so scared i was going to get a sezuire yeah i get them now from a bad sife effect from a mix of meds gone bad it was the latuda they think but im on Cymbalta and it seems to wrk great for me along with my xanax and Depakote
    • Posted

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time! Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Posted

I would recommend speaking to your GP. I've been on it for a year and started getting back/hip pain but it can be attributed to stress and anxiety also.

Stress can manifest itself in physical pain but it's definetly worth speaking to your doctor as I don't think pelvic pain is a common side affect. The zombie like feeling will pass however remeron can make you generally lethargic. It takes a few weeks for it to take affect and your body will get used to it.

When you're stressed/anxious though and your heart is beating like that, your body will go into fight/flight and you will have hormones flooding your body. This can increase your sensitivity to pain.

• Posted

Thank you. I seem to be less of a zombie today but still feel like I'm watching myself do things/outside my body. The pounding I my chest is still constant, even upon waking/sitting etc. I had a really hard time falling asleep as well. I've been having tons of physical symptoms since my med changes began (gone from 150mg Zoloft to 200mg Zoloft to Trintellex 30mg to Cymbalta 60mg to Cymbalta 90mg to now the 30mg of Remeron) in April/May. I've summed most of them up to meds smile guess time will tell! Thanks again.

• Posted

I would like to say its the remeron i had a terrible side effect from that pill. I ended up in the ER it was so bad. I was taken off immediately. I was given it to get my appetite back, not worth it at all. I eat just fine on my own, was a bit anorexia or bulimia we don't know but it was fear to go # 2 it just hurts so bad for me but i have IBS& GASTRITIS as well..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.