Is seizures considered disability? Can my 13 year old get disability checks for seizures?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 13 year old daughter takes two medications: Keppra 1250mg twice a day and Trokendi XR 300mg once a day. There are time she gets absence seizures. Does anyone get disability for seizures? Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. You would need to fill in the disability form and be assessed. Just make sure you send as much information as you can and They let you no within a few weeks. My child has focal epilepsy and receives it. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. About 6 years ago I applied for SSI for her but because the doctor never turn in papers ordered by them and the lawyer I had working on my case, we were denied. Now this pass August, she had a seizure that lasted 2 hours to control it at the ER. The doctor changed her medication but we have been noticing absence seizures. I informed the doctor, but every time he orders an EEG it comes out negative. He says that he needs to go deeper in her brain, but since she get Medicaid, I don't know if it will cover it. Thank you so mych, will give it a try once more for SSI.

• Posted

Just send all the information that you have and you no regaurding how your living with her condition and the medication she's on and I'm sure she will be able to get it

• Posted

ine thing I learnt from putting my forms in last time was I didn't put enough information. You need to put how it's affecting her day by day and in detail. The more information the better. I hope it gets sorted for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.