Is that symptoms of xxy?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am male of 22 years of age with more than average height, having breast, female like hip on only right side. I have read about XXY chromosome. In that, I read that xxy will have small testes. But I have normal size testes. What is my problem? What should I do? My major concern is whether I am fertile.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just because you have breast and female like hip, you shouldn't categorize yourself as XXY. The first test is you have to do a genetic blood test to see if all or partial cells in your body are XXY.

An XXY person may be fertile in their 20's and 30's but sometime in their 40's lose it as it was true for me and many more with normal size testes.

if you do find out that you are XXY, then there are so many variations of this genotype that I think there are enough people here that may be able to help you.

• Posted

First of all, thank you very much for your valuable response. What are all the test I need to do to check xxy and fertility? Because my parents were planning to do my marriage within 3 years!. And you written "as it was true for me". If you dont mind,can you please share your personal experience. I hope it will help me.
    • Posted

I'm sorry for not replying earlier. I've been busy with a newborn and starting a business.

The test is called "Karyotyping." They take a sample of your blood as it's easier but they can do this test from other cells in your body. Prior to the karytope testing to figure out if you have an extra X chromosome, you usually do an ejaculation test to check your ejaculate to see if there are any spermatozoids. Once they do a few ejaculate tests to ascertain that you don't have any sperms, they do the karyotyping test. They will also do a hormone test to check for your LH, FSH, and Testosterone. If your Testosterone level is lesser than 300ng/dl (for a normal male this value ranges between 300-1200ng/dl), then you are given a few options. One is to supplement your testosterone to hopefully you'll get to produce sperms. Another option is to go to a fertility doctor that opens up your testicles to find sperms. 

A famous fertility doctor has a practice in California, USA, by the name of Dr. Paul Turek. He is the guy who came up with a surgery that opens up your testicle and takes biopsies to find young sperms. If you're lucky for him to find any, then you're good to go. I have seen a great deal of XXY individuals having their own baby from the procedure he uses (icsi stands for intracytomplasmic sperm injection).

For me I was already married for more than 15 years until my wife was ready to have a child. I enjoyed my youth and adulthood. We decided to have a child when I was 48 years old. That's when I found out I am XXY. Until 48, I had no clue that I am XXY. I went through a great deal of grief for example going to a university with dyslexia and memory problems. Studying was difficult as everyone new I know the subject matter but I had the toughest time studying. I had to read and re-read a phrase ten times before it would sink into my brain. The plus side of all of the studying has been when you spend so much time studying, it takes longer time to forget the subject matter too. Out of all my classmates, I am the one who still remembers a few things from college compared to my other friends. But to learn that all these years of going to school, the issue was my XXY, was devastating. But now that I know it, I can find ways to deal with it. There's so much we can learn from each other as the research on this subject has been very limited so I think we can learn from each other but we can also get help from centers that deal with people who have XXY.

From what it appears, you said your parents are planning for you to get married. I suggest doing your ejaculate test first. You may be viable as I was until I was in my late forties. If money is no issue for you and your family, you should start contacting Dr. Paul Turek in San Francisco and Los Angeles by email. They can retrieve sperms, freeze them for you, and do IVF (invitro-fertilization) with your wife's eggs so you can have a baby with genetic compositions from you and your wife. If that becomes an issue, if your wife is willing you can contact a sperm bank and conceive a child another way.

For your own peace of mind, you should also contact or find people who are like you so you know you're not alone in this world. Bear in mind that 1 in 500 to 1 in 1000 males have Klinefelter syndrome. But there are more males who have the genentic coding XXY.

Please let me know if I could be of assistance.

• Posted

...there's a more novel technique called a Micro-Tese Surgery where the fertility doctor opens up your testicles and takes biopsies from your seminiferous tubules where sperms are made and mature in the epididymis.

The icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) is when they retireve sperms from your testicles using a needle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.