Is the end in sight?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies, do hope you're all doing ok & keeping well. Well it's a year now since my last period, many symptoms are slowly settling down but I'm not completely free yet...still have my 'funny moments' sometimes with hot feelings in my face which can make me a bit woozy, have thought maybe my BP spikes a bit, doesn't really feel like a flush as I don't get sweaty, just feel 'off' n not right. I get really bad hip pain at times(Dr confirmed arthritis, in knees, they're like sandpaper rubbing on sandpaper but no pain...really freaky lol & fingers, possibly lower spine) this freezing cold weather doesn't help...come on summer! & my hair is OMG! just crappy, every day is a bad hair day WT...?! LoL I will be 56 in a few months, how long after the one year mark does everything get back to normal? such a slow process ho-hum sigh!..... 😔 thinking back, I must have been peri menopausal through my forties considering all my states of mind & emotional upheavals etc even though it had never been mentioned to me & i'd never heard of it back then. I'm still taking my menopause herbal tablets, I'm sure they are helping, starting to feel sort of feel different, calmer...if that makes sense. 

Take Care, hugs to all 😄 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

glad the herbal tabs help for feeling better. Let that be a good sign. smile I don't know how long it all takes; everyone's different and it seems to go in phases or stages as our bodies adjust. It's about change, transition, adaptation, finding balance and ways that help our bods feel better. I wish there were an app for that. L.
  • Posted

Hi Bobbins 

bless ya ..

i am nearly 2 years post meno no HRT .. Age 51 

must say since i discovered i was Vit D defficient and now have 2200iu of D3 a day and my weekly B12 injections my aches have almost gone.

doc put me on very low dose escitalopram in May as my hot flushes returned 20 plus a day with the spanish heat - and its worked no more flushes and also given me my old self feeling back too.

i needed to take something for them and HRT not an option for me .. No no 

also its stopped my re-occurring shingles so far too.

regards to you .. glad your feeling good 

take care ladies 😊

jay x

• Posted

Hi Bobbins059,

Hugs to you too...55 and I have good and bad days..Bad days getting better...I think we are over th hump and heading to the finish...Hopefully..

Take care,

Lynne smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.