Is there a cure for blepharitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey I'm Rebecca, a 19 year old female. I've suffered from blepharitis since highschool and I was only diagnosed with the condition 2 years ago by an optician. It's frustrating as I like to wear make up but because of the condition, the makeup only makes it worse. Has anyone cured their blepharitis? Or have you got rid of the red rimmed eyelids and crusts?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry Rebecca but there is no cure for this awful disease.  The best you can do is manage the condition.  There are lots of tips on these forums and maybe you can find some relief in the remedies others have tried.  I still suffer daily with this and it is a hard way to live.  I wish you luck and don't give up keep trying different things.  

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

Google... Manuka honey for blepharitis.....I use Doctor Manuka +20...you can get it on Amazon.  I buy nail tees by Fran Wilson from Amazon to apply the honey to the roots of my eyelashes on the top like eyeliner and lift up my upper lashes and do the inner roots pushing up toward the eyelid and do the bottoms.  I have no symptoms....can wear makeup no problem....I provided detailed information on another thread...entitled... Using Manuka Honey to Cure Blepharitis on this site.  I think Tea Tree oil works good too for some people.  I do not say I am cured because I have not been to the eye doctor and he probably will tell me it is dormant because doctors don't believe there is a cure.  So I have been 'dormant' for 4 months now.  I also have clogged glands so I will do honey everyday for the rest of my life so I never, ever get blepharitis again.  I have been doing it morning and night just to be sure it is gone.  Take care, and don't give up....every "NO" is closer to a "YES"!!!

Dawn

• Posted

Feel for youRebecca. Have had bleph 2 yearsmyself and currenty

have it undercontrol  with a good cleaning regime.

i clean morning and night with wet ones wipes then put in natural eye drops from my doctor and finally wipe with blephagel. Heat pads also help.

good luck  in your search for fans good cleaning regime.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

I just had an eye appointment today, the doctor could find no traces of blepharitis.  So, you might want to give manuka honey consideration.  Dawn

• Posted

Great news Dawn!!  I will put motor oil on my eyes every day if it would help.  I am going to buy the honey today and report back.  Thanks.
    • Posted

You bet....if you have any questions, feel free to private message me....I know the pain....I want to help....Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.