Is there anything similar to Herpes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

What other infections are similar to herpes? Is there anything that could be mistaken for it? Please help. I still haven't gotten my results back and just wishful thinking on my part I guess that maybe it wasn't herpes.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms
    • Posted

I thought I had a yeast infection at first. I had some pain in right side of groin, then I felt like my labia were swollen. It burned when I had to pee, hurt to sit etc. Went to hospital and Dr said it was classic case of herpes. Took some samples and swabs for other STDs but haven't heard back yet. Taking valcyclovir. I assume it is just hoping it's not. I still just feel little pain and it feels tender....I think it's almost cleared up but itchy all of a sudden because I think my period is coming and I usually get itchy about a week or so before I get my period.

• Posted

Did they test for thrush. Was it sores and after sex
    • Posted

The first dr said it was a very bad case of a yeast infection and the skin was prob irritated. But she didn't know I had unprotected sex. The next day I went back to hospital, told the doctor and after checking and taking swabs he immediately said it was a classic case of herpes. And yes this all started a couple of days after sex. I thought maybe i was sore and irritated from the friction but I don't know.

• Posted

My groin on the right side was sore. I had sores on my labia. It smelled funny. Hurt to pee. It was just painful. I deleted any pics cause they weren't clear. I'm sure it was and is herpes. I'm just waiting to find out which one. I'm so devastated and sad.

• Posted

Groin do you mean like thigh or just sore to sit down on was it just sore where the sores were

How long did the pain last? Days??

• Posted

The crease in between my thigh was tender. It hurt to sit because of the sores. Pain started around Monday of last week and just got better yesterday so prob around almost 10 days.
    • Posted

Hmm I think if it was a yeast you wouldn't have pain like that for that long. And they do say it's painful for ages.

• Posted

If you had photos I could look. And what did the sores look like?? Any thing else? Flu symptoms??
    • Posted

I remember just seeing A yellowish colour sore. I couldn't take proper pictures. And I didn't have a mirror big enough to look at myself properly. I didn't get any flu symptoms before....it seemed to happen so fast. Had sex on the Thursday and everything started happening by Sunday. I had a fever for one day during the outbreak. I had strep throat the beginning of December and then again around Christmas and had two rounds of antibiotics hence the reason why I thought I had a yeast infection.

• Posted

If it was yellow probably high chance. And yeah fever is a symptom as well. I'm sorry

• Posted

When do you get results
    • Posted

Waiting for hospital to send results to my dr. Can you pm me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.