Is this depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had anxiety and panic issues for about 7 months now. I was getting better without meds but then i would get these spells in my head where this pressure will build up slowly my thoughts get weird and down. They then go REALLY down/hopeless/what's the point etc and detached.

I wonder where it's going to go as its like an impending doom feeling aswell. I get a pressure feeling especially on the top of the bridge on my nose.

Then (usually after having some food) it's like someone releases the pressure gauge of it all and it starts to go down. I still feel odd after as it's quite traumatic. But i'm able to carry on and feel more like myself again.

i've been on citalopram 10mg for a week now. But this felt like it was coming on before i started taking them.

Is this depression? It only goes on for about an hour or so in total and it's scarily intense.

On a sidenote the sockets around my eyes seem darker with even a little bit of brighter red in the very corner. I've always had dark eyes but haven't noticed this before.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The sockets going black around the eye is caused by blood vessels that are very shallow showing through the skin, that causes the darking around the eye socket.

You have been taking Citalopram 10mg for only a week. You need to allow around four of five weeks to start working well. Generally your GP may increase the dose to 20mg at four weeks. You may suffer side effects as you get used to the drug. Do not worry all will sort out given time

Your GP seems to consider you suffering Depression and Anxiety

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I have been on the citalopram for nearly 2 weeks and have felt a bit better each day. Except today this pressure builds in my head. My thoughts get very down and then i feel very weird..

It is just starting to pass now. I hate it though. Clouds my judgement and thoughts about life.

• Posted

With Citalopram it can take upwards of five weeks to begin to make you feel a little better, give it time and be patient

BOB

• Posted

i'm been on it for 3 weeks now and my mood has become somewhat more stable. Just now i'm hardly sleeping. Getting about 2-3 hours before waking up and not able to go back to sleep.

I'm reading this is quite common but i really need my sleep. Body is feeling weak and ill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.