Is this Genital herpes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone recognise this I'm scared its herpes and I have another week before I can see a doctor 😒

many help would be apreciated

thanks

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm, I can definitely see something, and herpes can present as tiny bumps, but I'm not sure, as female lesions look different. Well, at least mine did.

Can you provide any other details? Like when did you last have sex or receive oral sex, do you have any other symptoms or just the tiny bumps, is this the first time you've ever noticed something like this, etc.?

• Posted

Thanks for replying I last had sex 5 weeks ago 10 days ago I noticed a rash starting I applied some fucidin cream for a few days and now it's gone wild I also have itching down the front of my legs and on the inside it looks like bits of skin coming off I'm in so much pain but it doesn't hurt to pee 
    • Posted

If this is the first time you've ever noticed something like this and it was five weeks ago since you last had any sexual activity, I seriously doubt this is herpes. The incubation period for a first outbreak is only a week to two weeks. Herpes also doesn't cause skin to come off. Could well be a fungal infection or other rash. Best to have a doctor look at it rather than self-treat. Let us know the outcome!
  • Posted

I think it's possible, but it could also be something else. As a female, mine looks vaguely like this in the beginning of an outbreak and then develops into sores and ulcers. However that being said it definitely could just be a rash, or reaction to something else. Have you been under a lot of stress lately? Anything that might have set things off?
  • Posted

Yeah I've just moved house I can't believe how sore I am I'm really stinging and currently at sea and don't get back until the end of next week
    • Posted

A first outbreak would not take 5 weeks to manifest, nor would it cause peeling. I really think you can relax about herpes. smile
    • Posted

This is how it started 😞😞😐😢 gutted I've broke my favourite toy 
  • Posted

doEs anTone recognise this firSt symptom ?
    • Posted

Yes, this looks suspect, but as already mentioned, a first outbreak of herpes does not take five weeks to occur, nor does it cause skin to come off. Better get yourself to a doctor. Is there not one on board?
    • Posted

There's a medic but to be honest I would rather I kept my business private from the rest of the crew
    • Posted

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, especially given the location of your infection, although it still doesn't sound like herpes overall. Besides the overly long incubation period and peeling skin, a first outbreak is usually confined to the genitalia, but yours is also on your thighs (more likely with a recurrence). Actually, that's an idea. Why not see your medic for what's on your leg only? Either way, I hope it starts to clear up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.