Is this herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been battling some odd vaginal issues since June this year. Started with a watery white discharge a week after sex (no odor, burning or itching) I believe it was yeast bc I also had a white spot show up on my tonsil at the same time (no sore throat) I took levaquin thinking it was strep and after the levaquin I then had swollen glands and a slight sore throat but I was also eating horribly at the time (I was nauseous and couldn't eat anything but cereal that whole month) the discharge remained the same up until a week before my period when I noticed it was a little thicker but still no odor or itching that I recall. I treated for yeast (3 day OTC) which has always worked for me. Period came along and yeast was still there. Waited a few weeks figuring my diet and the humid summer weren't helping the yeast and then went to gyno. He said it looked like yeast and took cultures to send to lab (he tested me for yeast, bv, gonorhhea, chlamydia and trich) He also did a Pap smear. Yeast came back positive pap came back slightly abnormal (they said not hpv but to test again in 6 months) I treated the yeast with Rx terconazole cream for 3 days and it didn't work.

Discharge at this point was more like a watered down glue but still no smell. Just very red and irritated around vaginal entrance and an occasional itch. I then treated with diflucan (2 pills - taken 72 hours apart) those did not work either. I tried one more time after that and did the cream for 3 days then the pill. Again it did not work. I changed my soap and use a gentle soap made for women, I do not scrub with a wash cloth and I am getting these cuts. I went back to the gyno last week and was retested for everything. I pointed out the weird scratches cuts/gashes and they were tested for herpes. All tests came back negative but the thing with the herpes test is, the gyno did it when they looked like they were turning white (healing) They seem to reappear or get more irritated after a shower when they're the most red and open looking but within an hour or two they look like they're closing/healing. Is this normal herpes behavior? I am trying to post pictures. The first will be from the day it was scraped and tested to after shower pics throughout the week (they seem to come and go) Also I must note that since my encounter in June I have not had any sexual contact with anyone so these cuts did not appear until recently (within the last month)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The quick coming and going of the cuts does not really sound like herpes. What did your doctor say about the resistant nature of your yeast infection?
    • Posted

Thanks for the response. The gyno I went to last week (not my regular gyno but they're in the same office/practice so since I was desperate for answers I went) When she looked at me with the speculum she said the discharge looked like bv (it was bubbly as well and sometimes turns yellow and bubbly still no odor though, just constantly wet with this discharge that no one seems to know what it is) She sent the samples to the lab but she said she doesn't do the wet mount microscope test bc "the lab is more accurate" which I find odd since you can tell under a wet mount what you're looking at and a lab can misdiagnose. She basically brushed me off and said deal with it since all labs came back negative. Then she offered to give me a script for bv which I fought her on since I didn't have bv (why treat for something that I don't have and possibly make the problem worse?) I did forget to mention randomly I may smell a hint of sulfur or even maple (I had full bloodwork done so not diabetes). Im thinking of maybe just going to an std clinic and getting the cuts scraped when they're red so I'll get an accurate result. They seem to only be between my labia major and minora (close to my clitoris) Today I saw the usual big gash and then two smaller ones going toward the clit (in size order) I don't know if the cuts are just from the constant wetness from the discharge that I was told to deal with or if it's something that the lab isn't picking up since this is not normal discharge I've ever had.

• Posted

Yesterday i read about someone having cuts. This virus is similar yet completely different, so my advice would be get a second opinion. As i read about someone having a cut issue (it gave me some relief that my issues were not abnormal). My experience is more like a scrape due to the razor rubbing the wrong way. This "scrape" happened a couple, few years ago and i had NO idea what was going on so i brushed it off. Then last month i tested positive for HSV-2. (Having no idea of who passed my "lil friend " to me or when leaves me in wonder.) The only thing i recommend is to stay as informed as you can about your body & keep true to yourself.

The ladies yesterday mentioned Lichens Schlorosis (spelling?) & even Chrohn's. In my opinion (which is only expert in my lil world) would be to have the doctor swab the area or to have blood work done to test for the antibodies. Good luck to you & keep informed

Stay true ?

• Posted

Thanks for the advice dora. Were your cuts itchy at all? Were they always there or did they just show up at random times? What made you decide to get them checked?

I was looking at Lichens Sclerosis as a possibility, but the photos on the net are few and far between and look like worst case scenario pics so it's hard to tell. It would be great if people were shown all the possibilities of what herpes or any of these viruses look like. It would save a lot of people health and worry.

• Posted

They were itchy but not so bad that i wanted to dig at my crotch, so i guess they were itchyish. Only one 'scrape' showed up at a time. i had a "knot/bump" show up & took a picture so i could ask my doctor about it & she decided to test my blood to get results of what it might be. The test showed i was positive for HSV-2 (the doctor didn't seem certain at first but decided it was positive for HSV-2.) This has changed a ton in my life but at the same time it hasn't had much of an effect ... does that make sense?

There are so many different ways that this virus effects people so it would be nice if there were pictures depicting the different scenarios. Tomorrow i'm digging into the computer and hopefully there are books/articles to look at the library.

We'll see, best of luck to you

If i find anything i will share so feel free to do the same ?

• Posted

I'll definitely send you any info I find. I've been searching for a week straight hours at a time and still no pictures of a mild herpes outbreak or any thing different from the worst case scenario pics. It's so misleading.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.