Is this herpes? I'm really worried!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so worried my bf has given me herpes. But I'm not sure.. I went to the Dr and they said I have bv but said nothing about the bumps on my vagina.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I don't know how to post a picture of It here..
  • Posted

I was told I had bv as well and also bound a bump and it was just a bump that turned into a blister because I irritated it by so much walking and my jeans but I had more than one so my dr told me she was gonna test for herpes, I guess the best I can tell you is if you develop a blister get it checked right away. I'll know tomorrow if I tested positive or negative but what I can tell you is that don't stress and don't think about it as much until you hear from your dr that your positive for it.
    • Posted

There is no way I can get it tested anytime soon. I work a ton and can't ask off.
    • Posted

I understand but just keep an eye out for any other symptoms or it worsens think about your health. I was so scared because the first thing that came to mind was herpes but after grieving for days I've come to reality and accepted that if I test positive then I'll deal with it my bf is also very supportive so it helps to know I have a great support system. I will be letting you know as soon as I receive my results.
    • Posted

Thank you smile. I made an appointment to go to the Dr. I guess I'll see how it turns out.

• Posted

That's good your health always comes first wishing for the best for you! I got my results back and I tested positive although it's not easy to hear I was okay and my doctor was very informative and gave me good information and tips on how to prevent breakouts. Let me know how your tests come back
    • Posted

Thank you! I will let you know. I think I'm OK now and realized if I do test positive that it's not the end of the world. My sister has it and talked to her about everything and she really helped me. I am so lucky to have her! I'm glad to hear that you are OK smile
    • Posted

Yes that's the way to look at it! You'll be surprised how many people actually have it and some don't know it. Things could be worse you know I look at it like this could've gone worse but I'm just happy to have my health and have a great support system. Yes It's so much easier when you have someone who supports you and helps you cope.
    • Posted

They said it was irritation... I also had a bad uti. I feel like I should get a second opinion on this.
    • Posted

I'd say go with your gut feeling. Are you having pain of any kind?
  • Posted

Do it itch or hurt when you use the restroom ?
    • Posted

It doesn't itch anymore.. And it's not one bump.. It's almost like a cluster of little bumps.. It did burn when I used the bathroom but that stopped when I started the antibiotics for the bv.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.