Is this herpes? Please help me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last week I have been getting large blisters around my vagina in the upper thigh area. I can't seem to get rid of them due to the friction from my jeans and walking all day at work. They are pretty painful but I've searched herpes and none of the symptoms match up. Idk what to do especially since I have NO insurance and the tests are so expensive! I had sex a little over 2 weeks ago but didn't get the blisters until a week ago. They look nothing like the pictures I have seen for herpes. That are actual blisters like you would normally get anywhere. No small bumps and they are only on the outside of my vagina. I recently got VERY burnt in the tanning bed and thought it was possibly from that. And have also read about razor burn but idk please help!!!

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

And how do I post a picture on here to show what it looks like?
    • Posted

Please post pic as an attachment or link. It actually sounds like herpes already. Or genital warts.... But it can also be a reaction from the burn, which would be easier to treat. Also ive been informed that they have home test that you can buy online
  • Posted

That sounds like exactly what I had. I just got my results back and tested positive for it. I do know that where I live family planning is free and they do test for stds & it's free and my dr gave me medicine for it for free. Maybe you could try calling some clinics to see what their family planning programs are and if their free.
    • Posted

I ordered a home test but it won't be in for about a week or so... Idk what to do! And today another single blister showed up on my hip. What should I do to help heal the blisters on my upper thigh while I wait for my test to come in? Please help, I'm so embarrassed and feel so lost
    • Posted

I didn't really do much to my blisters since but I would wash and keep them clean so they'll heal faster. It took about 2 weeks for them to fully go away. Don't feel embrassed your not alone in this I know how you feel I was there at one point and I overcame it and learned to accept it.
    • Posted

So can the blisters travel to other parts of your body? Because i have one on my hip now and it's pretty sore. And there's no way to get rid of herpes? What am I supposed to do? How do you control flare ups?
    • Posted

I do believe they can travel to other parts saying as I only had a few blisters on my Labia and then suddenly only one appeared on one of my buttock witch didn't really hurt but itched like crazy! Warm baths helped with the itching. As of now there isn't a cure for herpes but it's manageable my dr gave me some medicine to help speed up the healing process & she also told me if I have frequent outbreaks she could give me a pill to take everyday. Don't stress, stress can cause more blisters if it's herpes, my outbreak wasn't really bad it did burn to pee but drinking lots of water helped and I would bathe everyday keep them clean and slowly on their own they started disappearing.
    • Posted

The weird thing is That the blisters are along my bikini line but not on my vagina. And they actually don't itch at all but are tender due to the friction.. And I haven't had any burning when I urinate either.
    • Posted

The ones I got on my labia didn't itch at all either, but since their blisters the urine would burn them. But other than that I never had itching, but I did noticed signs of a yeast infection so that's why I went to see my dr and told her about the blisters and she said she would run a test. Maybe yours isn't herpes I can't say for sure as I don't know how they look and from my experience I only had them on my Labia and one on my buttock.
    • Posted

Ok. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions and probably bothering you. I just don't know what to do..I'm just worried and the waiting is going to drive me crazy. I just havent seen any pics online that look like mine. And I can't figure out how to post the pic from my phone on here to see if anyone has had a similar outbreak.
    • Posted

Use of tea tree oil on the blosters will help them heal faster and seem less painful
    • Posted

It's fine I really don't mind, I know the wait is gonna seem like forever but it's better to know than not to, let me know how it turns out hoping for the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.