Is this just another symptom of dobro?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Recently (last couple of weeks) sometimes when I'm sitting or lying down I can feel my heart beating in other areas of my body as well as where I am suppose to feel it like in my head, back, legs and arms.

It lasts for around 2-3 minutes then disappears.

This doesn't happen regularly, maybe 2., 3 times a week at the most.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. We have all kinds of weird symptoms with Fibromyalgia. It can be anxiety also that causes that. Stress and worry can create these reactions as well. If you are worried about it, get your doctor to check your blood pressure. It is most likely nothing to be concerned about but it is always a good idea to get a check up by your doctor to put your fears at rest. Maggie xx
  • Posted

Hello Sarah,

this has happened to my hubby quite a few times of late.   I persuaded him to see the doctor and it appears his blood pressure is very high.  It may be a good idea to have a word with your GP, just to check it out. x  

• Posted

I had something similar happen and it was stress related. The stress caused my blood pressure to rise and also an irratic pulse. It would drive me crazy cause I could hear it when I laid down. The pulsing noise through my arteries by my ear. Drove me nuts.

But I also had it happen whenever I would shower. Ever since I had epstein barr, I would feel my heart trying to beat through my body. It was fast paced and booming. I would have to lay down for 5 minutes and take slow deep breaths. Then it would stop. Don't know why it happened. But eventually it started to stop. Now I only have it happen once and a while.

• Posted

Yes, I agree with all said by Maggie, Sukes, and Like because it happens to me. I believe it's due to stress and anxiety and this elevates my blood pressure and in past few weeks Dr has doubled my macardis from 40mg to 80mg.

I have felt it at odd places around my body and a few times really thumping in my eardrums.

I believe it's also got a bit to do with poor circulation due to varicose veins and possible residue in veins and arteries as I have elevated GGT following every 6 week routine fasting bloods which shows I have fatty liver and I don't drink alcohol and are 75kms and not fat.

Yes, talk to your Dr about what's happening as it all increases fibro flares and also try to eliminate stress as much as you can and practice relaxing a bit more. Easier said than done:- I've always been a very active person and now I'm very limited in many ways because of ankylosing Spondyloarthritis and what is happening in my hips and other joints and now muscular as well with the fibromyalgia.

I am 54. This is just my story, we are all good support for each other and I hope you find some relief. Try not to worry, spoil yourself more. You are worth it!

Gd luck with this Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.