Is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Evening ladies,for the past year or so,I've noticed a change in taste buds. Foods that I've eaten for years are so strong and bitter (For example mature cheese) So much so that it's uncomfortable to eat it because it tastes so much stronger than it used too. Other foods are just so bland! Has anyone else had the same problems,or is it just me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if it's normal or not but for me nothing seems to taste good at all. Even foods I us to enjoy don't taste good anymore. So I'm wondering the same thing.
    • Posted

It would be interesting to know if it is yet another side effect of the Menopause. To be honest, I struggle to eat many things these days and have infact lost over a stone in weight (Some good has come out of it i suppose) I just don't have an appetite these days. Perhaps someone else can give us advice ;-)
  • Posted

It could be dry mouth doing this. I have not had a change in taste buds you should go see your doctor about this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.