Is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I had a severe panic attack on Monday and was hospitalized. EKG and chest x Ray and blood test came back normal. I'm back on my Zoloft now. I'm ok, but I've been getting this occasional, brief rushing feeling of warm water on the right side of my chest. Is this normal for anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, charlie.

I can relate to your situation since the same exact thing has happened to me, about two months ago and recently about a week ago. I have had panic attacks, which in the past, I hadn't experienced before. All of my tests came back normal too, EKG, chest x-ray, blood test. I started taking medication again for my depression and anxiety, along with attending therapy sessions like I had in the past. 

Sometimes I still get short, stabbing chest pains on the left side of my chest that do not last long. But to answer your question, I think it is normal. Nothing to worry about. Even though there are common symptoms, I think anxiety has a different effect on everyone. Since our bodys are all different. People's symptoms may vary, but if you have any concerns, I would suggest talking to your GP about it. But try not to worry though, I think it will all be okay. Hang in there and stay strong. I hope things get better for you.

• Posted

Yes thats anxiety. The chemicals and hormones that rush thru irrate the nerves sometimes and you can get some strange sensations, heat, cold..whatever it feels like doing. It can hapoen to the head area as well. All anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.