Is this normal or not related to anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my names Allison I'm 31 i had a panic attack over an hour ago my heart rate went up i felt like I couldn't breathe after this went away I'm left with a feeling that something bad is going to happen and I feel like I'll lose control in what way I can't explain kinda a doom feeling these feelings are way worse than my panic attack i just had . Has any one experienced this after

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Was this your first panic attack?  I would always first recommend to be checked out by a doctor to rule out anything. If all test are negative then it's more than likely anxiety. It's good you are aware of your feelings, this can help you be mindful in terms of treatment. Yes, free floating anxiety can happen after a panic attack. Have you been through any recent stressors?
    • Posted

Hi Ebone thanks for replying yes ive had panic attacks since I was 15 but never experienced these werid feelings after the panic attack has died of i had the panic hours ago and still have this out of control feeling its like a feeling th
    • Posted

Yea I think it's called free floating or generalized anxiety. I'm 32 now but when I was 19 I had chronic panic attacks after a surgical procedure and I've been struggling to get the old me back still. Try to do deep relaxation and find a root cause for your anxiety. This may help. 
    • Posted

When you have a panic attack, you still have adrenaline running through you body. This will continue that panicky feeling.  Try exercising it out, go for a walk, etc.  Have you checked back in with your doc? counselor?
  • Posted

Yes that's anxiety that's how I feel at the momentsad
  • Posted

Hi thank you to every one that sent me a message. I had an appointment with a neurosurgen thst ive seen in the past because of ongoing headaches and a neck injury hes sending me to a migrain doctor because he said the symptoms ive had could be from migrain aura. So ill have to wait for my appointment and go from there the symptoms ive been having are very strange apart from the feelings of doom and fear ive also been having strange feelings of deja vu that last fir over an hour also ive been feeling a bit disorentated and pins and needles in my upper legs. Sorry for the bad spelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.