Is this oral thrush?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello

I am wondering if I can ask you guys for some advice. 

About 4 weeks ago my tongue suddenly started to feel as though there was a hair stuck on it towards the back. At the time I had been using Corsoydl mouth wash so I thought it was this.

However the problem persisted for a week so I went to the doctors. They had a look in my mouth and said it was oral thrush and gave me Nystatin to take. The one where you drop a pippet on and hold it. The problem with this for me was all the "white coating" was so far back on my tongue I could never get the liquid to sit there.

I used all the mixture and didn't really feel any different the sensation of the hair was still there. 

The white coating on the tongue doesn't come off easily when scraped and when I do manage to get it off there isn't any soreness under where the white was nor is there any bleeding. 

I went back to the doctors a second time where they gave me a weeks course of fluconazole 50mg. 

I took all the tables but didn't really see any improvements in my symptoms. The white coating maybe decreased slightly but im sure Ive always had a small amount of white coating on my tongue and its never bothered me before.

I went back to the doctors again and the doctor looked in my mouth and said there was nothing at all he could see that could be causing the symptoms and suggested that it could be anxiety related.

I don't feel this is right as if I lift my tongue to the roof of my roof the surface of the tongue feels bumpy and not smooth and I am still having the same symptoms as before with the sensation of a hair at the back of my tongue. 

I keep trying to remove the white coating but its very stubborn and doesn't seem to want to come off at all and when I do get it off the tongue isn't red or sore underneath. 

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on this situation? I hate going back to the doctors when they put it down to anxiety as I worry that they feel im wasting there time. Is this something I could see a dentist about?

I have included a picture of my tongue as taken today. My symptoms are the same today almost a feeling of a hair on the back of the tongue and when I put the back of the tongue on the roof of my mouth it feels rough and bumpy.

Any help or insight anyone can give would be great, I hoping to get into the dentist next week but its currently closed for the weekend. 

Look forward to your responses guys 

Thanks

ZJC 

http://s21.postimg.org/mgv6p90o7/photo_1.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/wnb4ultxh/photo_3.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/nusqxdjzd/photo_2.jpg

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you been on antibiotics latelt? Brcayse when someone is on antibiotics it changes good and bad bacteria in the body and it is not uncommon to get Thrush, also the tongue does show whether you are ill or not it looks like thrush to me and thr hair at the back of your throat have you researched this? I grt that but my conclusion is ther is a hair ther lol may not be the same conclusion though
    • Posted

Any ideas just cleaned my teeth is this thrush? Before and after pics (6 hours between cleaning and eating food just before the before picture)
    • Posted

I suffer with healthy anxiety also which makes me conscious of my mouth where I can't stop playing with tongue. Plus on doxocycline for 4 days so far, another 10 days to go
    • Posted

After 2 cources of antibiotics I've developed an oral thrush. My GP was saing to drink planty of water when I was complaing on dry mouth and whit coating! I Didn't understand to start with . My Dentist never said what was it!!! I google it!  I went on Friday. Any way , got some gel from Chemist. Also, solty water , coconut oil.

How long will it take to get rid of it?

Many thanks.

• Posted

Hi, did you ever get any answers about what this was? as I am suffering with something that looks very similar but when I went to the doctors they told me it looks normal rolleyes I know it's not normal for me though 

thanks 

• Posted

Yes.! Last week I came back to Dentist and asked her "is it oral thrush? "- yes. Looks like.....

Then I sow Gp😂 and the same way and strangely enough he confirmed it too!!! So far trying all above I 'm on Nystatin and cannot see the difference its almost a week now and I used Daktarin .Yesterday I started biopot yogurt, booked GP- she is a young Doctor always good on Tuesday will see.

I cut on sugar , no beer and bread.

Only wine but may be must not drink that at all.

It's very frustrating and stressful.

• Posted

I have had oral thrush in my mouth for a couple of days and the doctors give me stuff to put in four times a day I got similar problems I keep feeling like there's sumthing at back of my through I keep checking can't see any thing I told doctr hesai its oral thrush any ideas what else I can do stop this feeling that's atback of my mouth\tounge xxx
  • Posted

I am also facing the same situation from last one year, i visited doctors several times but the told me it is normal. Still worried what to do
  • Posted

Try vitamin c and zinc lozenges from holland and Barrett. After 5 days on nyastatin I had no relief from the white coating in my mouth. I used two lonzenges one after the other of vitamin c and zinc and it pretty much killed the yeast straight away. I plan on using these for a few days to make sure and reduce my sugar intake to prevent the fungus feeding/growing!!
  • Posted

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get rid of their oral thrush? I have had mine for over 2 months now and I have tried everything to get rid of it! When I asked the doctor they just said to use corsodyl mouth wash (even though I had told him that I had been trying that for over a month and it hadn't worked).

Has anyone found the best treatment to get rid of it?

Many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.