Is this sinusitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 weeks ago I had a fluey bug which was terrible. However the last 18 days I've got a burning sensation constantly in my nose. My nose,jaw and cheeks tingle and throb with pressure. Inbetween my eyes I have a constant pressure. Also my nose is freezing to touch and the strange thing is that it hurts to breath in through my nose. Day by day it is getting worse. Is this sinusitis?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

U have many symptoms that resemble having sinusitis but only a doctor can determine for sure if u do have sinusitis
    • Posted

Hi I rang my doctor yesterday and she thinks it is and has prescribed me some antibiotics which I'll start tomorrow. I've got out of bed as it hurts my face when lying down and I have constant burning pressure over my nose and a heavy head. I've been having shivers and then go sweaty. My face gets flushed and red as well x

• Posted

I have taken antibiotics in the past but they did not help at all.my ENT feels my sinusitis is caused by allergens and there is no infection so no antibiotic is needed just constant white mucous and inflammation. I just got off a six day course of prednisone to calm the nasal inflammation which was causing the fullness in my ears, headaches and pressure on my teeth
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, try steaming with a little olbas oil or Vicks in the water. It will open up and drain the sinuses which are causing you all the problems. It will give you relief. I've just been through a sinusitis attack and steaming really helped! Best thing you can do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.