IT Continues

Posted , 10 users are following.

Do any of you have these cysts/boils constantly? Mine either A. Are not healing or B. I keep getting them in the same area. I have cut nightshades, dairy. I am eating mostly chicken and turkey along with salad. I am using Dial or hibiclens to wash, followed with tea tree oil or neosporin. Am I missing something?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Am I missing something?
  • Posted

How long have you done the diet..oh you have got to google and eat wayyyyy more. I know there is so much that is a NO to eat, but tons that are a YES..I have to ask that when you started your change of diet, were the cysts already there?..perhaps you need them tended to first to drain..( i opersonally swear by chamomile tea compresses..it will actually remove the redness, inflammation and made mine flat and go away to leave only a baby nodule, which i can live with, I have to ask if you smoke, because that too is huge trigger for HS..those that say it isnt, probably never changed their food intake either and saw no improvement..i have incorporated both and am having huge sucess so far..yes i still have HS and had a flare a week ago after eating something bad..but within 2 days of heathy diligent taking care of...and yes i needled mine and got some out then did my compressess and epson baths and its gone!.

• Posted

The diet has only been a couple of weeks. I am basically doing the Atkins low carb plan. I personally don't eat a lot of dairy at all. I do occasionally eat Greek yogurt. The cysts that I have are not big and don't cause a lot of pain. Mostly they itch and stay irritated. I just worry that it seems that there is always something there. Is that the way the disease behaves? Mine are in the groin and buttocks area and it seems that friction causes a lot of irritation problems. Any other advice you have is appreciated.
    • Posted

absolutely get where your coming from...give it time...you may see improvement..mine are in the groin area also when i flare..keep a journal of what you eat (that helped me0 so i knew what was irritating and what wasnt..and oh man can i tell if ive eaten anything that may bother me(dairy does trigger me too)..but nightshades are worse..is that good ole internal itch..I feel that and i know i ate something wrong...our bodies doent work like other people and our guts are sick!..;(
    • Posted

How do you prepare and apply these chamomile tea compresses? Do you apply the tea bag or do you make chamomile tea and dip the compress in it? For how long do you leave it on your skin? I'd really appretiate it if you could give me some advice on this.. Thanks
    • Posted

I buy the tea lose..looks real herby..and I boil on stove just as i would tea and then did my cloth or whatever i plan to use in it and apply as warm/hot as I can and repeat, but mine have gone down to flat within 2 compresses (aprox 20 min each).
    • Posted

Thanks a lot!!! I'll try it tomorrow,as so on as I buy the chamomille.
    • Posted

I just found this page today, I am amazed that there are other people like me. My Gyn doctor first thought it was an ingrown hair and pretty much said tough luck, it will heal up -took over a year (until he saw multiple gaping holes draining) for him to peer a little closer and give it a name. Still; tough luck, no cure, not contagious, keep area dry and cool! Thanks 4 nothing since I was a constant sweaty hot flash and worked 8 hours sitting on that "area". I had my GP prescribe a compound ointment- a steroid and lidocaine, it relieved some pain but nothing changed. I have learned on my own out of desperation 100% cotton underclothes, no fabric softeners in the wash, NO JEANS OR PANTY HOSE and a light pat of zinc oxide (diaper ointment) after shower keeps me from going mad. Anxiety and stress also turn a light outbreak into weeks of pain and misery. I'm sorry everybody here has it too but I'm really glad to know I'm not alone and making a big fuss over an "ingrown hair".
  • Posted

Turkey cold cuts is bad, also try cutting anything that says enzymes. For some people it is also yeast. Mine seems to be aggravated by acidic fruit. I cut everything also but it still sneeks in. You do know butter is also "dairy" How long have u been on nighshades. My HS took a year after the food to settle down. Check ur vitamin D level also. Recently I am doing laser hair and this new pill called ACTICLATE which is a form a doxy, but apperently better. Idk if any of it works but I'm just going with the flow. Also a gallon of water a day.
    • Posted

I do agree with 2tammy, maybe u need to have some of them drained and packed so they begin to heal.
  • Posted

It took a good few weeks for mine to go away after cutting out my foods I'm sensitive to. They got worse before they got better and came more to the surface of my skin. It was like my body was forcing them out??
  • Posted

Hi you can't cut out a whole food group like dairy without making yourself ill.   If you want to try cutting out nightshades like potatoes,  tomatoes etc. fine but as far as I know dairy products don't affect HS.  For a balanced diet you need dairy,  carbs,  fat and fibre.  You need to eat lots of vegetables and fruit as well as dairy.   You have a very unbalanced diet and you risk missing out on lots of essential vitamins.

The second thing is if your HS boils/abcesses become infected then antiobiotics will often help so see your doctor.  For any that recur in the same place the only cure for that I know is to have these areas incised by a surgeon.  x

• Posted

New article by American dermatologist suggest that dairy may be culprit...
    • Posted

Diet for preventing hs by william danby...interesting read. Good luck smile
    • Posted

I didn't know that.  But I do stick to the point that no one,  if they want to be healthy,  should cut out an entire food group.  x
    • Posted

Definitely agree on not changing your diet without compensating for it correctly.

In the past I have been a big smoker and forever I have drunk 2 litres of milk a day and have stage 3 HS for as long as I can remember.

I've isolated smoking and dairy in the past and it doesn't help (me).. I do find it interesting I fit the profile perfectly. However dairy and smoking don't trigger the inflammation for me... It's the nightshades.

• Posted

Hi! I have never eaten a lot of dairy. I don't drink milk, and ice cream seems to cause stomach issues. I do occasionally eat Greek yogurt as a treat. I also use almond milk for smoothies with fruit and vegetables. I'm thinking I may need to use coconut water instead. Any nutrition advice is appreciated. I am trying really hard to lose weight in hope that it would help with other issues.

• Posted

I don't eat much dairy as I'm lactose intolerant. I understand processed cheese has potato starch. I usually drink non dairy gluten free probiotic yogurt. Have you tried probiotics and have you heard of tumeric herb? I tried taking it to ease the HS and broke out in hives. Ugh! Going to cut the nightshades for 3 months and see if that helps.
    • Posted

Well living on chicken and turkey and salads is much too restrictive and you will miss out on important vitamins.  It is up to you but there is lots of advice online on how to eat healthily.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.