It is different this time

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi fellow hippies

i am almost  3 weeks post op now. I feel that my recovery to my second hip replacement is a little different. I am sleeping through the night already. Not paying constant visits to the loo and feel so much better in myself than last time. 

Yes my wound is a little more sore but I put that down to the fact they used staples not stitches as I requested. But I do feel a lot better and other than the odd twinge not much pain either. I have reduced the amount of oramorph and I am just mainly on co- codamol every 6 hours. I use the oramorph only if I get a bit of pain. I went 12 hours yesterday without taking any. I am off all other meds I was on before I was in hospital too which has sent my blood pressure back to normal also. I was hitting around 180. I am now down to around 123. I find that great news because my GP was going to put me on blood pressure tablets and I refused them. 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That all sounds great, Hailea! May your recovery continue to go so well! Have you gotten the brace thing straightened out yet, is it fitted correctly?
    • Posted

Hi Annie

no not yet. They couldn't fit me in till next Tuesday. 

But having spoken to my surgeon he has told me what I can and can't do to protect my hip till I can get there. 

I I am so ready for them and the mistakes they have made. This will also be put in my claim with my solicitor. I have taken photographic evedence  and kept a diary of everything. 

• Posted

That's great news Hailea, I hope you continue well with your progress.

Hopefully the worst is well and truly behind you.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery X 👍😃 

• Posted

Its lovely to hear people saying they feel better, lookinv forward to less pain. Good luck to you x
  • Posted

hi dear friend,

I am so happy to read this and genuinely happy for you. .

Big warm hug

Renee ❤

• Posted

hi renee

hope you are well

thankyou my friend

sadly this may well be my last post on here for a while. Things have got quite busy on the forum I am a MOD on.

I will try to pop back when I can. You have always been kind to me will keep you posted via PM 👍

• Posted

good luck,darling .....

😻Big warm embrace

renee ❤

• Posted

Hi Hailea

im into my 3rd week post op and had the last of he staples out last Monday 

My wound is ok I'm just waiting for the dressing removed to get a shower, the only problem is it's a shower over the bath. I am still in pain from my foot but can't find out why. My doctor put me on codine to take with the paracetamol but he has put me back on blood pressure tablets. I can't understand this because I don't appear to e a nervous person. I think it's age related and the fact that I've only got one kidney.,I'm 70 this year.

• Posted

Hi Hailea

They keep telling me I need to take blood pressure tablets because if not it could be harmful to my one kidney.  I keep trying alternative therapies and vitamins but they don't seem to keep it down. I have even tried different foods for lowering. I think I'm stuck with medication whether I like it or not. At least for the time being they have only put me on one small tablets and let me off the ramipril

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.