It's back!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my menieres has been under control for about 100 days, now it's back every two days 😒 and I'm not sure why? Also I would like to ask while people are having an attack of really bad vertigo and the room is spinning and your bedridden or floor in my case. If you lay on your effected ear is it worse? My seems to be x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi  I was told by the consultant I saw that this could be the case but not been the case for me (so far).  One thing that the consultant said, in passing, is that menieres could be worse in the spring summer and early autumn,  suggesting there is a relationship with weather, pollen and all things associated with allergies! This has been evident in my case.  plus I have more ear wax.  I have kept up with the Cawthorne-Cooksey Exercises and balance retraining ( vestibular rehab) plus breathing and yoga.  First three months were difficult but easier now.  personally when I have a slight wobble I go for breathing and shrugging shoulders first.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I have been told as well that weather/allergies can play a part in my episodes. When I have had the room spinning spells all I can attempt to do (when not vomiting) is to lay on my back and try to find a point directly in front of me to focus on...I always try to let it calm down before laying on one side or the other.
    • Posted

Hi when I had the room spinning a couple of weeks back I first panicked then I pulled my shoulder as far up as I could go for a few times and then did some breathing exercises .  I managed to stop having a full blown episode.  I have been practicing breathing exercises a lot though.  I think it helps me to calm down.  
    • Posted

Well maybe that is something I can try. It has been several months since I had the room spinning. Other than that I find it hard to focus when working on my computer...it is like I can't keep my eyes still...it has been known to trigger a "full blown" episode but more often than not, minor what I refer to as "shifting"....that is how it seems. As soon as I notice that it feels like it is going to trigger something I will take a valium and instantly go lay down and try to be as still as possible...I'm proud to say that I have been able to overcome some major ones...although it leaves me feeling tired it is better than crawling on the floor and vomiting every 2 minutes! It can be just awful!!
    • Posted

You sound as if you are doing very well.  but honestly the  the Cawthorne-Cooksey Exercises and balance retraining ( vestibular rehab) plus breathing and yoga have given me my some confidence in delaing with an onset.  However my first reaction is still to panic.  I worked with computers for years and had similar issues to you. Now I have spec to reduce blue light glare.  If you have nothing else use a good pair of sunglasses similiar to ones used by bike riders for early morning glare and the screen.  keep going and good luck
    • Posted

So you wear a certain kind of glasses or do you have something attached to your screen? It has been a real pain for me...my eyes will feel like they are just darting back and forth at times when I'm reading something.
    • Posted

I wear ones for the computer recommended by my opticians. I ensure  I wear sunglasses especially in the mornings (when there is a real glare) They were not expensive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.