Itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have just joined and was wondering whether any of you have experienced chronic itchiness due to your gallbladder problems? I am on a waiting list for surgery and apart from the other symptoms have now started itching all over. I just wondered if this is connected to gallbladder disease.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is...

and monitor your blood sugar also,because we are not 100% sure

about that.

• Posted

Can't say I did. I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed last week.

Getting itchy where the scar is healing but that is all really.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi I am waiting for a scan to see if i have gallstones as been having problems with tenderness at right side, pains in back and indigestion and burping excess gas. Oddly i have times when i get really bad itching, it was mainly on my legs and nearly drove me mad, but recently its been on my neck and chest. So will be interesting to see if many others have had this symptom.
  • Posted

I experienced a lot of itchy with my gallstones but was told it was down too the codeine I was taking which was every other day towards the end as the pain attacks were nearly constant, also was taking oramorph when the pain was at its worse an was told this was what caused the itching! Some days I would have sleepless nights due to severe itchy an would have to wrap my legs in cold towels - only thing that seemed to help! If your talking strong pain relief this could be the reason? Good luck

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.