ITCHING

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have lots of symptoms due to fibro & other illnesses but today my face n legs r so itchy and tingly that I could scratch my skin off there is no visable reason for this I have taken antihistamine but was wondering if anyone else suffers from thisthank u x☹

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Debbie,

i started having itching in the summer. My back itches like crazy and my face. I use my grans backscratcher. It's a god send and I get to think of my brilliant grandmother every time I use it. Either that or a doorway and scratch my back like a bear does on a tree! 

It's a real pain in the bum fibromyalgia! Literally my bum hurts.

hope it helps to know that someone else is in the same boat.

look after yourself and be kind to yourself. 

Hope it passes for you. And me! And everyone.

celia xx

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Earthakitt I am fed up of it already I haven't had is on my back I feel sorry for u at least I can reach mine to scratch hope it goes away soon for both of us. Take care n gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

Hi debbie1966 I have suffered with itching arms legs and face, and also a burning sensation. Ive only had these symptoms since having fibro. The burning symptom lasted a month the itching for a couple of weeks. symptoms vary in the severity and how long it lasts for take care xsmile
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply kaz I have had the burning sensation but not the itching it's driving me crazy I am going to go in a cool bath to c if it help I hate fibro so much

Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

I have had itching for years and tried several creams from my Gp the best one is called Balneum Plus Cream which I have found works brilliantly for itching but you would need to get it on prescription from your gp.  I also have a back scratcher.  I got mine from the pound shop in a pack of 2.

Regards

Jannette

• Posted

hi debbie 1966, i get this too. i try taking benedyrl or have a shower. i was decreasing lyrica, down to 75mg. i was planning to go off it, but once i hit 75 i was itching really badly. it was terrible, so now my dr thinks lyrica helps this itch and told me to jump up to 100mg. it's actually helped. i've also tried taking a tramadol to stop it. good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.