Itching

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone had severe itching and hives going through menapause

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I did anout 5 years ago. It was horrible, I had to use a fork to geel reluef, I had black and nlues from so much scratching. Dr. Gave me some meds I refused to take because they caused weight gain so I just cried it out for anout 2 1/2 weeks. Luvkily, hasn't happened since

• Posted

yes itching will drive you batty and I get hives on my chest , neck, arm and face mostly! 
    • Posted

Yes, warm to the touch and bumpy. Hope you feel beyter soon
  • Posted

Yes, you need to find what is causing it. For me it was scented detergent of my bed sheets. Others have attributed to food, or heat. Finding the culprit will remove the issue forever otherwise, it could come back to haunt you if your body becomes sensitive to it again.
    • Posted

I've had it for 3. Yrs though and just getting worse.  Thougt all of it was food and i cut out everything in high histamine and its getting worse instead of better.  Perfume wise ive changed detergent , dishwashing liquid and don't use any scented products but my husband uses very strong stuff could that be the culprit?

• Posted

Yes, I had to get away from all scented stuff, until my hormones balanced out. At one point I told my husband to wash off the scent from his face, it was his aftershave lotion, I couldn't handle his face touching me because I was itching just with the smell.

Maybe this will work for you, I've been itching again, so I just discovered that goats milk soap gets rid of itchiness, and all types of skin issues. So I just bought it and waiting for it to arrive. Maybe you could try it too. Doctors say it helps with itchiness, rash, dermatitis, seborraeh, psoraisis. and more. Scented soap definitely started giving a rash again so that's why I want something that has a bit of moisturizing which goats milk has. Get one that's unscented if you opt for it. If you need the name of it send me a pm.

• Posted

Rose, almost forgot be careful with gluten it has the same effect. I use to itch like a mad dog when I ate anything with gluten. I had to stay away from bread and all wheat products for a long time because the gluten was causing a lot of itchiness.  If you eat bread that could be the problem, or anythng with gluten like pizza, muffins, cakes, cookies, etc. Basically, anything made with wheat that is not gluten free. Nowadays, I buy cookies that say gluten-free. It sure helps a lot, come to think of it, this maybe why I might be itching, had a pastry yesterday that may have been made with gluten wheat since it didn't say gluten free!

• Posted

I am already on a gluten dairy sugar free diet for the last 8 mnths and its still getting worse ive tries pretty much everything thats why i i thought it could be my husbands scented stuff thats about the only thing i didnt try 
    • Posted

I tried many things havent tried goats milk though and ill get my hubby to stop using scented stuff for awhile see if will help thanks for the advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.