Itching all over

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been itching all over off and on for 8 months and is very annoying. There is no rash. My doctor test me for everything he can think of thyroid, blood work with different rial , pancreas, liver, I have a MRI in 2014 of my abdomen and all my insides are fine. Did the urine blood sugar, A1C and is a little high 5.9 . I drink water only watch my carbs intake and sugar! I work out most days. I though about candida over growth. I'm scare of cancer , been to the ER and they look at me like I'm crazy. Any ideas?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have had similar problems.  My brother and I both had extremely itchy inner ears.  We would scratch, they would get infected and then we would have to take an antibiotic and then it would start all over again.  I finally swabbed my ears with Betamethasone scalp lotion and it would stop the itch immediately and really rarely return.  Same as skin outbreaks and hives.  I have heard that these kinds of problems are due to yeast overgrowth and there are detox supplements in health food stores that help with these kind of problems.  You may have food sensitivities and can be tested for these by a naturopath.  That's all that comes to mind for me.

• Posted

There is a blood test for that so I will ask my doctor. They check my liver function and kidneys and pancreas. Everything check our fine. Don't know what to do is annoying and driving me crazy

• Posted

I had unexplained itching for years. I took cetirizine hydrochloride (anti-histamine) every day it completely stopped it. I think mine was due to undiagnosed hyperthyroidism (as the itching has disappeared now I've been treated) but the antihistamines still worked.

• Posted

Are you on some sort of meds or anti pregnant pills?
    • Posted

I'm on nexuim and now and then I take Ativan. They prescribe me Zyrtec . Still itching and get headaches with it! My doctor thinks is stress but I have never had that is a year now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.