Itching in throat, is it reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get an itchy throat on one side, my right side after eating.  it sometimes burns a bit but it's more of an itchy feeling more than anything. is this just the relfux? i'm on omeprazole but it hasn't gone away completely.  Very frustrating.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing!
    • Posted

It's been there since 6 months now. I have been on nexium. I had other symptoms too but most of them have resolved except the itchy throat on right side.
    • Posted

Initially I was on 40mg nexium. After my symptoms got better I came down to 20mg. Now i take 20mg otc every other day. But diet and sleeping on the wedge is very important. My symptoms are not 100% gone but I am feeling much better!
  • Posted

Do you sleep on an incline or wedge?  That is a must do with any reflux issue.
  • Posted

Dana see what happens if you garle baking soda in water. You dont need to drink it. If it eases in 10 minutes then you know its pepsin in my experience. I do it every night before bed as a precaution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.