Itchy and turning yellow

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can anyone help.I've unstable angina andC.O.P.D.to top it all i'm agoraphobic.I take 15 different medications daily.Lately I have started a severe itch on most of my body but mainly on my arms and back.Sometimes my skin blisters and is very painful.Now after all that my skin is turning yellow.The strange thing is after I shower the towel i've used to dry myself has yellow patches all over it,also my white bed linen has the same patches plus blood spots where I have scratched to hard.When the blisters really attack my body I have trouble breathing,it gets quite scary. Because of my C.O.P.D mylung capacity is very low but my medication controls it,this shoul not be happening.Anyone any idea's.

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to see your go and get your bloods checked for liver function tests your skin shouldn't be yellowish.

you may just need an antihistamine for the itching but I'd get it checked out

• Posted

I would get to your Doctor asap and see what he/she recommends.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Obviously don't know you but am worried about you.  Personally I wouldn't add even an over the counter medicine to the 15 meds. you are presently taking, until you speak with your Doctor about what's going on.  Who knows what kind of reaction might happen?  Take care and good luck with it all.
  • Posted

What does your doctor say and have you checked the manufacturers' fact sheets on all your meds for negative (side) effects?     Are you on statins?  they can cause liver issues
  • Posted

I had a rash a couple of times but never a yellow skin 

Please make an appointment with your DR.

All the best 

Regards,Nellebelle

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Yellowing of the skin and itching can be a sign of problems with the liver as well as other things.

I would strongly advise that you report this to your GP to obtain a proper diagnosis.

Best wishes Robert

• Posted

Hi alistair

Sounds like Jaundice

Go to your doctor or A&E to get yourself checked out.

Let me know how you get on

Kev (UK)confused

• Posted

Hi Alistair:  You mention being agoraphobic, is there a freind or family member that can help you  get to your Dr. or the Emergency Department?  Several people have mentioned  there could be something going on with your liver, I agree

with them; however, as good as this forum is, none of us are Doctors.  Please let us know how you are getting on.  Best of luck to you.  Take care.  (Canada).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.