itchy sore anus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not sure if ive posted in right section hear but ive had this itchy anus for years now, i gather its a common problem but with no proper cure, nothing stops it, not even doctors prescription, i think ive caused infection or something as its now very sore and feels inflammed and swollen, ive also got this pain when sitting down, worse on standing up afterwards, i thought maybe something wrong with my coxic (spelt that wrong i know) but im wondering now if its a combination of the two. Anyone else have this and managed to find something that cures this for once and for all. worse at night for some reason. why worse when laying down i wonder. i do also have aching throbbing legs and sometimes hip pain too.  Maybe two or more different  things happening hear?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may have an infection that is causing your pain to radiate to other parts of your body. See a doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have found that, in absence of your doctor finding anything wrong (infection or anything like that) as we get older, we need more than just tissue to clean the rectum properly. As most american homes don't have bidets, the next best thing would be to get a squirt bottle and, after wiping as clean as possible with tissue, rinse it really good with warm water to remove all fecal matter (if I don't get clean enough, I itch terribly, even when my fissures aren't acting up). 

A less time-consuming thing are perfume-free wipes....biodegradable is best, but if you are worried about clogging up a septic system or the sewers, you are better to dispose of the used ones in the garbage.....I have found that if I use baby wipes with aloe, but no perfume, it helps a lot, but perfume can actually inflame the area...a friend of mine who uses them also found that out the hard way, with his hemorrhoids. 

• Posted

I agree with CnukRN19 re the itching.  

When I had my fissure years ago the itching and tenderness (probably caused in part by the various prescription creams including one that was supposed to stop the itching) increased my suffering greatly.  I think everything just became over-sensitised  

Use unperfumed (very important) wipes and as many wipes as necessary - inspect the results (sorry !) until the wipe comes back clean.  Flush frequently if you dont want ot block your toilet !! If you have external haemorrhoids you need to make sure you get under/around them.  Then pat dry gently with toilet paper and use a little savlon or the like on some toilet paper to soothe the area afterwards.  It could take days before this becomes effective.

Re your other problems, sounds like you need to see a doctor, but could it be sciatica or something similar ?

Good luck !

• Posted

Thanks every body for your replys, found also that doctors prescription anusil just made me itch even more, dont use perfumed soap or powder, will try using baby none perfumed baby wipes, i do use savlon, trying also to cut out sugar as well. wear cotton underwear, and stopped waering jeans. As  migdaliaaponte  said  i may have an infection  causing your pain to radiate to other parts of my body so i will see a doctor.       
    • Posted

Just bear in mind that baby wipes are not flushable !  Flushable toilet wipes are preferable but you still need to be careful !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.