IUD Use

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am only 18 years. new married. Can i use IUD?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Please reply me.
    • Posted

Hi very positive being concerned about contraceptives. I'm 43 and had a coil fitted but I was scared, I had o e with local anasetic, was fine but the cramps have been consistent since. If you can allow 6 months for it to settle you may not have to worry for up to 10 years(copper coil 5 years mirena) .

Today so many more options a patch on your arm I believe, The pill injection. Loads of options for you talk to someone at the family planning they are fab, everything you want to know you will be told. Good luck and be proud u r being sensible. X

• Posted

If it's your age you're concerned about then yes, you can use an IUD smile
  • Posted

Make sure you do your research 1st, really weigh your options for birth control. I've known women that have had bad reactions on it like non stop bleeding and pain for the first couple months ask yourself if it's worth it. There so many other options out there you can have an implant put in your arm and it lasts three years and there's no invasive procedure up in your uterus lol
    • Posted

The only problem researching, especially on the www, is they're ALL bad. ... people tend to post all theft bad stuff... when actually there's many good results too! Liked me, I've had my mirina in for 4 and a half years. . No bleeding, no pain, not once. . I'm due to have it changed in January and I will definitely be having it fitted again.

Try looking for forums on here, it's much better xx

• Posted

Hi shimu93 my eldest is 18 and is looking to getting the mirina fitted. .. I can't see a reason why not!
  • Posted

Yeah, agree about the research. a lot of it is very negative but myself, my sister and the person above have all had good experiences with it!

The reason I got the coil over other forms of birth control was because for me it was the most reliable form of non hormonal birth control. It was worth the discomfort of having it put in for the fact I can have it for 10 years without having to worry, and it made me feel much better than having hormones. For some people taking the pill or an implant works brilliantly, so it could be a case of trying out one of those first, or just go straight for non hormonal if that's what you'd prefer. It's down to what makes you feel best and what agrees with you smile

• Posted

With contraception, it is often a case of trial and error, and it gets complicated because sometimes things that don't work now may work out in a few years. You can have it fitted and see how you get on, if you don't like it you can have it removed.

However it is worth noting that the coil doesn't always prevent pregnancy, though the copper one helps reduce the number of sperm that gets through. The way it works is it prevents the fertilised egg from growing and sometimes implanting. For me, I couldn't deal with that since I personally believe life starts at the moment of conception.

I have know people react really badly to it and people that have had no issues at all. Since contraception is so personal, the only way to find out how you will react is to try it.

I wish you the best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.