ive battled this for 2 years.....whatt should i do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 22,i was a perfectly fit semi pro footballer up until about  two years ago when i had this ankle injury which required about 4 months to heal...and because i had the tendency to be fat, i started to drink excess water because i thought it was the only way to maintain my weight as i wouldnt be able to play for some time........i took excess water,and when i say excess, i mean exess...i did this for about a month until i started having nausea,muscle cramps in my leg,back and arms,and then fatigue crept in.....tests revealed that my calcium level was low,and gave me drugs to use,but there wasnt any kind of improvement.....i went for further tests after months and it was revealed that my vitamin D level was low,i was given vitamin d3 drugs to use,still no improvement since......My most recent symptoms are severe fatigue i.e my body takes a week to recover from just one football match, i cant stand for 20 mins without looking for a chair,nausea, weak legs, muscle cramps, pain in the center of my chest....joint pains,headache,im fatigued after 5 mins on the field............i have a chance to become a pro footballer now and i cant even attend the trials because of fear of messing up.....PLS HELP.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi christian.. Electrolytes are tricky to rebalance once they are out.. Please be sure to tell your doctor of ANY supplements you might be taking and be careful with any sports supplements... some of which contain all kinds of diuretics and stimulants.. and they can really mess you up.. So, I suggest that you if your doctor is not a sports doctor that you try to find a doctor who is also a sports person (like does triathlons or marathons) because these doctors have real experience plus the medical knowledge.. All the best.. and good luck
  • Posted

Hi,

this is an outside chance but have you been checked to see if you are passing phosphate in your urine? This could be symptom of a form of osteomalacia. Very rare but worth testing for it.

• Posted

THANKS GUYS......@Cator1956 i ve  not had such tests.....i ve never heard of  the condition you mentioned before but i googled it now and i think t makes sense because i ve been diagnosed of having low calcium and vitaminD levels on seperate occassions...i'll get the test done......CHEERS

• Posted

Hi again,

please bear in mind that there are only 300-400 cases worldwide each year so your doctor may not be fully aware of it.

letbus know how you get on

• Posted

A good start might be to ask your doctor  to order a blood test to check your  alkaline phosphatase, calcium and  phosphorus.   When these levels are out of range that could mean that you have osteomalcia.  

Good luck and let us know how things go for you!

• Posted

Hello christian04

I hope I'm not too late responding.  I think agood start might be to ask your doctor  to order a blood test to check your  alkaline phosphatase, calcium and  phosphorus.   When these levels are out of range that could mean that you have osteomalcia.  

Good luck and let us know how things go for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.