Ive been bit by 3 ticks, should I see a doctor?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about 2 or 3 months ago I was bitten by 3 ticks around the same time, I don't think any of them were on me for a very long time but I am still not sure. Its been about 3 months and Ive never felt sick tired or anything like that but I have been experiencing visual symptoms (as I've posted before on patient) like seeing white blood cells moving through my retina, negative afterimages, and so on, is that connected should I see a doctor or am I fine?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

NHS haven't a clue about lyme disease. But yes, just be warned NHS tests are inadequate and 99% of the time come back negative.

They'll probably give you 2 weeks of doxcycyline which won't be enough . 6/8 weeks minimum. But my fear is after 3 months it's too late to stop it.

Yes there called Floaters and some can have no symorons for years but trust me you do need antibiotics ASAP.

Lyme disease is not to be messed with.

I've had it years and it's ruined my life. I won't elaborate because it would scare you. Get some treat ASAP!!

NHS websites don't give the full truth. Hard to explain to someone that doesn't understand.

You can buy doxcycyline on line without a prescription ..they will probably make you feel dreadful, that would be a good indication you are infecred.

Lyme is a mindfield. Research will help you see where I'm coming from.

Good luck, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

FB has many groups that could advise and help you. Praying your not infected x

• Posted

Symptoms. .lol. predictive text!
  • Posted

definitely;   ticks can cause lyme disease and other ailments-very serious.  antibiotic treatment early on can kill the pathogens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.