Ive had globus sensation for a couple of days

Posted , 4 users are following.

i hve had this feeling for a couple of days now and my friend who has acid reflux who deals with this as well sugested throwing up? also is their any ways to help this feeling? i have an appt with an ENT coming up.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tommy,

Making yourself sick isn't a good idea it won't gelp. If you have acid it can sometimes damage your throat and that's what makes you feel like there is something in your throat. Worrying about it makes it worse. Try gaviscon and drinking lots of water.

• Posted

i already have acid. im on anti-acids. but the feeling is almost unbareable. i still have some acid feelling in my throat. im not sure how long it will take for the anti-acid meds to work.
    • Posted

I take omerprazole and still get globus so I'm not sure how good they actually are. Chewing gaviscon tablets does help a little. If you have just started them it can take a couple of weeks to work properly.
    • Posted

well in the past i choked on a mint drink and some food and ever since ive had problems mentally with swallowing. does anxiet plus LDR have a bigger impact with this?
    • Posted

I believe anxiety plays a massive part. Just try to relax and tell yourself there is nothing there. It does get better!
  • Posted

Hang in there, think happy thoughts everything will be ok. Find some exercises like applying hot water compress and holding your head backwards.I'll be with you in this journey. I understand the feeling.Stay away from people, things or events that cause you stress you don't deserve to be anxious or to worry.biggrin
  • Posted

I have a lump feeling in my throat that was constantly there. Could feel it when I turn my head left n right. Such a horrible feeling like I got tablet stuck n I'm going to choke . But the past few days it comes n goes. I worry case I have cancer I'm only 26 . But I do suffer with anxiety and have had a lot to deal with the past month a lot of heartbreak. I have appointment with the ent. So hopefully will be ok. anyway I've been doing throat excerice I found on youtube. Look up at the sky hold for few seconds and blow a kiss while looking up . Do that 12 times when you feel the lump and Will ease. Sounds silly blowing kisses up to the sky Lol But it's helped me x x doctor's think I have globus sentenion x
    • Posted

Hi.It's not so nice having it there eh?I take hot showers and focus the warm water in the throat area. I also drink camomile tea Aloe Vera juice with Manuka honey.Don't worry or think about it too much.I'm having that discomfort right now and applying warm compress at the same time.it helps a bit. take care for now.
    • Posted

i have been eating less and drinking a lot more water. im on my anti acids im hoping that i will see results. i really only eat ramen noodles. can globus become perminant?

• Posted

No, it's not permanent it's just a sensation. It does calm down eventually. I would try to eat as sometimes not eating much can make things worse. If you worry it makes it worse.
    • Posted

i have some mucus as well that is think sometimes. which makes it hard to swallow so i get worried about choking so i dont eat much. i do eat ramen but thats cuz its smooth. can food get stuck on the mucus?
  • Posted

Hibiggrin I wish I have the answer for you if it's short term or when is it ever going to end? Funny, cause I also  ate chicken noodles  yesterday which was very comforting.It varies, last night I barely slept, it was on the left side but during the day it was almost gone.  This morning,it is somewhere in the middle or not there at all.If this is  a curse I want it out of my body now. I try to focus myself on other things.I'm applying warm compress and massage it with Vick's .Still figuring out how it started,maybe am not aware that I'm anxious or could it be from the  fume of household spray that I used to clean the toilet or if it's being triggered by some kind of food.Will try some lozenges this time and will update you all .In the mean time watch some funny movies or something.To describe it perfectly, it feels like you try to hold back your tears and you will say that there's a lump in your throat.That's the exact feeling of it.No actual lump when you run your fingers on it. I have no difficulty swallowing or chewing.I 'm actually purposely swallowing banana in big gulps to see if it will stick in my throat but it will go straight to my digestive tract with no pain or difficulty.Try to be  worry free today smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.