J pouch surgery and 6 months on and doing well.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have you had an ileostomy reversal and j pouch formation or thinking of it? Do you want to share some tips and advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sheila, if you don't mind, I would much appreciate some info as I have currently a rectal lump, following prolapsed bowel which I had surgery for five years ago so if you can handle it yes!! I go for a sigmoid to see what the lump is all about and do feel dreadfully poorly especially in the mornings so am worried I might need a similar op to you x
    • Posted

Very intrepid, feel like crying :-(
    • Posted

Sheila, do you feel able to offer any advice?
    • Posted

Hi Fiona, I have no knowledge of prolapsed bowel, sorry. Our experience is of Ulcerative Colitis, ileostomy ( colon removal) and j pouch formation to reverse the ileostomy and remove the stoma.

I wish you well, have you been in touch with a charity or foundation that is involved with this?

Good luck, Sheila.

• Posted

Hi Sheila, I was thinking more about my rectal lump when I asked as I'm fearing the worst and I know they sometimes have to perform colostomy type surgery if things have gone far on, hopefully in my case if it's anything awful they'll catch it in time though

With best wishes, Fiona

• Posted

Hi, Try not to think the worst, also remember that sometimes the surgery is a temporary solution and can be reversed.

Sheila.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.