Joint and muscle pain! Magnesium....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had alot of joint and muscle pain and stiffness and recently started taking liquid magnesium as i read a lack of it can cause muscular pain etc and anxiety, all of what i was getting. I have taken it for a week and i can say that the muscle pain etc seems to have subsided, plus the night muscle cramp in legs, I don't feel as anxious but i can't definitely say if the anxiety has completely gone completely, it is early days as i have only taken it for a week x

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

YES it is great stuff for PMS and so makes sense that it is good through menopause too.  I think best advice is to take it along with calcium too for best absorbtion.
    • Posted

I already take calcium, magnesium and vitimim D combined, magnesium  strenght is400mg, is that enough?
    • Posted

There are different types of magnesium - some more effective than others. I did take magnesium oxide 400mg, and got some benefits. I have recently switched to magnesium malate 1,000mg, early days yet, but so far so good. Caution is needed as high doses can result in 'the runs'! But everyone is different.
    • Posted

Forgot to say - if you are taking calcium (do you really need calcium supplements?) with vit D you need vit K2 as well. The K2 makes sure the calcium gets to where it is needed - in your bones and not in your arteries!
    • Posted

Ahhh, thanks, I will get some K2.   I take Calcium as I have a dairy intolerance.
    • Posted

That's great! It is quite new research that has discovered this. Most of us in the UK and much of the US are vit D deficient. But the vit D (actually a hormone) carries calcium all around the body. The much more uncommon Vit K is responsible for putting it where it belongs.

You can also get a lot of calcium in dark green leafy veg.

• Posted

I am just taking the recommended dose stated and so far so good x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.