Joint pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have not been diagnosed with Sjogren's but  I have very dry eyes so even though my bllod tests were negative, I am not convinced I do not have it.  I do not have any real joint pain except in one knee.  Both of my knees are weak but I do have pain in the left knee from time to tome.  What joinst are most effected my the disease ?? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrea,

​All the joints in my body are affected. It feels at times, like i getting flu. I am on my feet a lot of the time (pro-dancer). It is the chronic fatigue which most characterises Sjogrens along with the dryness in the eyes/mouth...in fact a whole body dryness + joint pain. Hope this helps x

• Posted

Thank you Jefferson.  Pro-dancer  that is cool.  Yes  pretty much my only symptom is dry eyes.  My mouth is not really dry at all and I do not have any fatigue unless I do not sleep well the night before  then I am jsut sleepy.  I guess I am trying to find an explanation for why my eyes (well really just my right eye) is so dry all the time.
    • Posted

Might be worth a trip to the optician to get your eyes checked. You might have a blocked tear duct. I am allergic to dust and that causes me to have dry eyes.
    • Posted

barbara  I have had them checked.  He is the one that suspected Sjogren's.  I am on restasis and all 4 tear ducks are plugged and my right eye is still dry.  My oil is good but I cannot produce tears (well I can when I cry  but not near as many in the right as the left, very limited).  I did have lasik in 2005, which may have affected everything
    • Posted

Sounds like you're doing the right things and otherwise healthy so I hope this clears up much the way it just came on...!  Have you had B12 checked? I don't have Sjogren's but dry and achy/tired eyes that greatly improved when my B12 deficiency was found and treated. My other similar symptom to yours was joint pain (and heavy feeling in my legs). Good Luck!
    • Posted

I get joint pain when I eat certain foods. Fruit I think. Forgive the forgetfulness - I'm intolerant to so many foods, all causing different symptoms that I can't really remember which (until I eat them!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.