Joint problems with IBS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

im a 17 year old girl and have recent been diagnosed with what the doctor called "extremely severe IBS" after months in and out of hospital. I've noticed that in this time I've sprained both of my wrists multiple times and this often goes hand in hand with flares. I've already had a colonoscopy and been told I don't have crohns or colitis. Does anyone experience similar problems and does this problem have ties with IBS or do I have a whole other problem altogether?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can get joint problems with IBS though I don't get this symptom.  My IBS is usually mild.

• Posted

Ibs is also a symptom of other diseases. Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia have Ibs as a symptom. Look them up and see how many of the symptoms you have. Also there is a wheat based probiotic you can get online amazon sell it. It worked fantastic for me. Greatly reduced symptoms. Also ibs can be made worse by hormones. Since getting the contraceptive injection the depo. I have greatly reduced the intensity of the symptoms. I also cut out a lot of dairy. If your stomach can't cope with complex fibres stay away from a lot of fruit and veg. I use a centrifugal juicer so that it takes out the complex fibres and leaves the easy to digest fibres.

Hope some of this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Susan, I have my next dietitian appointment in August so I'll bring it up with her then

• Posted

Hi Kate I don't get IBS often I tend to have a serve episode then nothing for a period of time.

My last episode lasted 7 weeks of constant joint aches , lower left back pain

Feeling nauseated and constipation and the worst thing was stomach bloating which was most serve when waking in the morning.

This time round I got full blood tests , urine tests and and all was clear apart from lacking victim D

Now I done some research and lacking vitamin D can cause IBS symptoms and I started taking a supplement and tried also the lemon juice in the morning plan and I kid you not after 2 days every symptom just stopped as quick as it started.

And I've felt fine for 8 days now.

• Posted

Glad you're feeling better! I already drink lemon juice but I think I will try the vitamin D for a few days and see if it gets any better, I've had countless blood tests over the last few months and never been told I was lacking anything but giving it a go won't hurt, thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.