Jump in blood pressure for no apparent reason. 7 wks post ablation.

Posted , 2 users are following.

B/p has been creeping up to 80's and 90's diastolic past 2 days. All of a sudden at noon, I got a headache, pulse up to 95(has been 65-70) but regular and b/p went to 176/115. HA was worsening, like a tourniquet on my head.HR still regular but feeling occasional skips.I have a kardia livcor. The only new med was a water pill and 10 meq of potassium. This was the first day I took it.

Went to ER and told nurse I had a pounding HA 176/115 and 7 wks postop ablation. She took HR for less than 10 seconds, said it was regular and go have a seat. An hour and a half later, I left. Still had HA but lessening. B/p is now 140/85 and feeling more skipped beats but still "normal" according to kardia.

Anyone had b/p go "whacko" all of a sudden?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I went for my one month follow up at the EP Clinic Friday. After the cryoablation I had about three really good weeks without many episodes. However, last week I have had daily episodes. Then I had episodes for 8 days in a row. Apparently, this is not unusual and is to be expected after cryoablation. My blood pressure was high but my ecg showed normal rhythm. They did showed no concern at the BP level.

I also have the Kardia ALIVE app. That is how I keep track of episodes. Sometimes I question its accuracy. I do know that if it reads that your ecg is "unreadable' or "unclassified" that you can still be in aFib. I had one of Kardia's techs check one of my "unclassified" when I felt like I was in aFib and They sent it back to me with aFib noted. I don't know if the fact that this procedure can take up to four months for the heart to heal is a reason for your blood pressure rising. I wish you well. This experience is not for sissies!

The next step is to follow up in three months. They said that it can take up to four months before the heart is fully healed and they can determine if further treatment is needed. If aFib continues at that point then we move to the next step, whatever that is.

• Posted

Thank u so much. Your response helps. I have only had one to say unclassified, but I am going to doctor tomorrow and see if I can get recordings to go to his office. a blood pressure that high scared me and it lasted 2-3 hours which makes me doubt the kardia because that is exactly how my afib started but I did not have

The thumping in my chest like when it first started.

Thanks again. Best to you.

• Posted

I will mention I am a nurse, but labor and delivery. I know just enough to scare the crap out of myself.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.