Just a calculation I'd like to share

Posted , 8 users are following.

Here is a little calculation I did this morning which I found both shocking and motivating at the same time:

Year after year I drank everyday...

Cost per year = 6225$ (with no exaggeration and could be a bit more)

100% drinking days in the year

Since April 25 to August 15 I decided to put some control and realized I was drinking too much and did this by myself...

49/112 days were drinking

spent 832$ saved 1056$

43% drinking days

Since I joined this FORUM August 15 and decided that I needed a bit more help and listening ears

11/37 days drinking was involved

Spent 192$ saved 448$ 29% drinking days

On the August 24 is when I decided to cut back even more

4/28 14% drinking days

Also another point I would like to add is that on those drinking days I dropped down by half of what I used to drink....

In the last 5 months I have come down so much.

I do have medication for the Sinclair method on hand if I decide to go that way in the future

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Great breakdown Smile - well done you.  Same here with me, I was having 20 units per night for the last 6/7 months - 140 units per week.  How I have not sailed away in my own fluid I will never know.  I now have a glass of wine (small) as a nightcap and am in week 5.  I have managed to also keep this to weekend.  No more dizziness, no more shaking hands.  All down to this site and  you guys.

Bet you feel real good now, not so much for the money but for the sheer fact you have done it.  Brilliant.....................G.

• Posted

Thanks Gwen! ?The dollar figure really bothered me. Lots of money wasted. I'm so proud of you and maybe one day I will make it to where you are. ???

• Posted

Oh yes hun - you will - my only problem now is a sweet tooth (which I don't have) - I walk past the wine isle and on to the fresh baked jam doughnuts!!!!!!!! - OMG no way.  So a treat myself to one on a Friday and Saturday - honestly if I put the doughnut and wine next to each other, my hand would go to the doughnut.  I never thought that would happen.  I am totally taken aback with how I am managing - all down to this site.

All good wishes to you Smile and everyone on on here.....................G.

• Posted

Gwen, I just bought a coffee cake and I intend to eat it all.

I also bought a litre of my favourite ice cream and I'm having all of that as well.

What a healthy supper..........

• Posted

Tess, I am speechless - my lil ole doughnut seems miniscule - now please don't tell me the coffee cake is 'family sized'.  And shuurrrrrrrup on the ice cream - like I said I don't have a sweet tooth - so why am I wiping dribble from my chin lol lol lol x

• Posted

Okay, it's the next morning now.

I managed half the cake and all the ice cream.

I am just about to eat the rest of the cake for breakfast.

• Posted

Well that is your 'treat' for the weekend gobbled up - or is it? lol lol

• Posted

I was thinking of buying another one, if the truth be told.

I wish they didn't have those stupid bits of walnut on the top. It takes me ages to pick them out.

• Posted

Oooh noooo - luv em - buy another one eh - you got the sweet toothie at the mo that's for sure - I just can't wait for DD Friday (Doughnut Day) - stuff the glass of wine. razz x

Eat and enjoy it hun x

• Posted

YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL GWEN AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. Robin
    • Posted

Thanx Robin, appreciated, it is absolutely not a big deal with my husbad but,  secretly, I have awarded myself a badge,  AND TODAY IS DD FRIDAY ...................YAAAAAAY  cheesygrin....G.

• Posted

Smile, you amaze me.

You have done so well. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

I've been doing the same thing with the cost of cigarettes since I stopped smoking.

More money in pocket was my calculation eventually.

• Posted

Gwen and Tess...I just had the best chuckle because of you guys!!! 😂😂😂. Enjoy your donut, coffee cake and ice-cream. I crave fat and salt. Not any better but it gets me to pass the wine isle.

Thanks silly but you both have made my day brighter and happier

• Posted

Gwen, this might be a stupid question but what are the heart things that people have clicked on? I wanted to check and now I've "hearted" my discussion 😂😂😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.