Just back from post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

had A & P prolaspe surgery 7 weeks ago today and have just got home after my post op appointment,  delighted to say everything going well healing process continuing along nicely, still have a row of stitches not yet started to dissolve but that will just take time.

all aches and pains normal so feel so much better in myself knowing all has gone well.

Still have to take things easy and give my body time to recover but I left the hospital with a big smile on my face.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Kay, that is brilliant news.  I feel surgery is so worthwhile and in my view is the top choice of how to sort out a prolapse!
  • Posted

That's so encouraging.. I'm so happy for u. Perhaps u could share ur post op journey with us so that we know wot to expect and perhaps stop worrying about all the different symptoms. X
    • Posted

Hi Jan, I think I was luckily to have found this site, it help me a lot with what I should not be doing and advice on what I should be doing re rest rest and rest No lift at all and small amounts of walking daily after 3 to 4 weeks.

I had a water infection a couple of weeks down the line which started as a burning feeling and after posting on this site about it was advised that it could be an infection, so a call to the Drs a chat with him and then a course of antibiotics things improve.

The rest of my pains have been Lower abdominal pains due mainly to doing a bit too much walking(a visit to the supermarket to soon) so that made me rest a bit more and by rest I mean lying down on the sofa and watching Christmas films on the telly.

The one things that really does make all the difference is resting and thanks to an understanding husband I have been able to just that.

• Posted

Thanks kay rest does seem to be the answer doesn't it. Each time I do a little light housework it sets me back two days. My hubby has been great but is so busy himself I hate giving him more to do. I have ocd when it comes to housework so it's very depressing having to leave things. I struggle to even lift the laundry. I expect I shouldn't even be trying. I'm so worried I'll set myself back. Today I've had to work only for a few hours but in my job people depend on me if I don't see clients I'll lose them and it's my living. But this site has given me so much help knowing I can moan or get advice from ladies such as urself. I can't thank you enough for being there. X
    • Posted

I'm exactly the same with OCD and not being able to leave anything not done, plus it isn't in my nature to be demanding of another person to do all my dirty work. I'm just hoping that mine (5wks post-op anterior repair) is healing anyway. I have to not be able to physically walk to hold me down and then that is also pretty impossible as I find a way!!!
  • Posted

Did you have a perineoplasty as well with the posterior repair I was wondering if they have to do repair to the perenium after rectocele repair in my case its like I have no perenium since a second degree tear I had with my second lost a stitch and didnt heal properly theres no support between my vag opening (which is way longer than before and always open!)and bum ..I have my pre surgery final appointment in 2 days for my a&p repair and I am worried ill have to convince my doc , as though she will think I am just worried about the opening being too big like for cosmetic reasons (because at initial appointment after I said how it's always gaping open I get toilet paper stuck in there wiping from front to back, she replied I know it seems big but it's not really I've seen bigger!) And maybe it will close up a bit once my urethra and bladder is not almost poking out of my vagina..but I have a worse rectocele problem than I did at last appointment everything has just spiraled worse in the last month, possibly from my running daily on my treadmill? (I figured I was having surgery anyways...Plus she said I could run..?! I feel nervous like I have to make sure she fixes it all in one shot re you only get one shot at this surgery am I right thx
    • Posted

Sorry only had anterior and posterior repair so can't really comment on any of your concerns, but sure someone on this site will be able to offer support and advice.
    • Posted

Hi malecai, I had a posterior repair 6 weeks ago and had my perenium repaired at the same time - it would seem that the surgeon I had does it as a matter of course. I'd lost my stitches following the episiotomy I had following the birth of my frist daughter. I have to say I'm really pleased the the results of both - everything looks a lot tidier down there and I don't mean only from a cosmetic point of view.
    • Posted

Thx, I had episiotomy with my first and it healed great tiny bit of scar tissue that ached a bit sometimes, but basically was put back together properly, I dunno what happened with my second he came out fast and it seems as though my perennial. muscles aren't attached under the skin don't know if popped stitch is reason or what.
    • Posted

Btw congratulations on successful surgery! So happy for you and glad to hear it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.