just been prescribed gabapentin and already on mirtazipine and diazepam is this ok?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im just starting 300mg of gab. 100mg 3x a day and on 15mg mirtazipine and 10mg of diazepam a day for neuropathy in legs and back and neck is this safe?? And what should i expect??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,I also started on gabapentin,I'm on 300mg X3 daily and I'm also on mirtazipine 30mg,I have experienced very bad confusion,I have also taken a few fits,whether this is caused by medication I don't know,bit if you start getting side effects that you don't like,then go to your doctors ASAP.

Sean

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply!!- i can see you r on a bit higher doses of the meds than myself,but your advice has been very helpful. Had NO convulsions or fits EVER before so would definately contact my gp if this occurs. I have only just started gab so am willing 2 give it a shot n see how it goes- feel my anxiety levels have reduced after 2 days on it though so fingers toes and everything else crossed!!!

I hope ur symptoms and side effects subside !

Emma

• Posted

Hi Emma

This combination is safe. Gab dose is very low and others are low. This combo will probably help with sleep. Side effects may include some degree of tiredness. Take mirtazipine in evening to reduce side effects.

• Posted

Hi and thankyou very much for reply!- i take mirtazipine at night anyway always have so im hoping i will feel better soon! Its early days but im feeling a lot more positive about my sit now and am hoping to b bk to some kind of normality with my mobility soon!!!

Thankyou!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.