just been to my reveiw for benefits

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have now had all my benefits stopped as it seems i am now totally fit for work? which is ironic as i have felt terrible lately, joints very painful and feeling totally exhausted and down.

this is 1 messed up country thats for sure?

if IDS thinks i will just roll-up and die hes sadly wrong?

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear of your benefit issues Mark.  You're right, this country IS messed up.  I have lazy slob neighbours, both of who are young (in their 20s) both fit and healthy, with two pre-school children.  Neither work and when the female partner was pregnant with the first child, were given a huge two bedroom maisonette, which had been fully refurbished and redecorated by the local authority.  They drive a car, both have mobile phones, their bin is overflowing with pizza hut cartons and beer bottles/cans.  They live better than I do and I worked long long hours.  Everything is paid for them but there's nothing wrong with them.  Someone like you, who has to suffer this horrible illness is considered 'fit for work' - but not them! How ridiculous is our system.  The shortgage of money to provide support for real need such as yours is directly due to the incompetency of the system in shelling out money to those who CHOOSE not to work! I get so angry and upset.  I have friends struggling badly with ill health who cant get help and then I see the scum claiming every penny. Heaven help us all.
    • Posted

All to true, its so unfair, they are targarting  the wrong ones as usual, whats it coming to when genuine cases of people suffering are being punished and the young and healthy get pampered twisted Whos going to employ those who cant function normaly. its really ludracous ( excuse my spelling)
  • Posted

I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you. Their is no fair justice in this world at all. You have genuine people that need all the help support they can get, and people that screw the system for all its worth. Its disgusting how we get treated in this country. I would seek advice on what has happened and fight it all the way. I really feel for you. take care
  • Posted

mark what country are you in?
    • Posted

Hi to Katherine and Mark;    even if in England/Australia or elsewhere....seems to be the problem generally, if there is a "Dole" system.......I believe that "if you were lucky enough to be born into the system of Handouts, then you are the lucky ones.....those who were not, always have to struggle, even into retirement".........it really is an up-hill battle to prove that you Can't work, as you used to, and the taxes we pay/paid, go straight into some-one else's pocket......and woe, if Any govertment party tries to bring back some sort of co-contribution, as our present Federal Treasurer did, for two years later, the Senate won't Pass it, "as it is taking away people's rights to affordable health system" etc etc  ....all Libertarians..............Bron
    • Posted

I am Canadian and the same happens here.  it took 13 years of fighting for mine to finally go thru, and am helping a fellow who is truly deaf by noise at work and it's been since 2006 I have been fighting for him with no avail.  The thing is to never give up.  Even if there seems no place left to go, there may be a clause in there somewhere with the right to request a re-consideration. Stay on top of your doctors to help.  If you have no doctors willing to back you up, the go through the Workers Safety and Insurance Act policies with a fine tooth comb.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Mark this is terrible , id like to get some of the government members, give them a bad back which gives them constant pain.make them live like the rest of do, then tell them to get down job seekers, those who make the rules live completley different to us with their high wages, fancy houses and exhorbarent life styles. Reading of how some of us are being treated is making my blood boil. And theres nothing anyone can do about it either. 

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.