Just checking in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys - just checking in and wanted to know how everyone is feeling. Day 8 for me and doing ok with anxiety but still having strange side effects. Today I feel jittery (like I had too much caffeine), neck and throat are sort of tingly and my vision seems weird - not blurry exactly but just sort of off. Every 5 minutes is something new sad My doctor has assured me that these effects are common and won't last but it's still unnerving. Going to try to rest for a while once my hubby leaves for work, that usually helps. How is everyone else's day going?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi... I'm on day 11 feeling kind of yucky first thing this morning but hopefully this will pass as it did yesterday morning. I was able to do stuff yesterday after the morning sickness and my mind was calmer. I had the same effects you had on day 8, it will get better. Hope you're able to rest today.

• Posted

Hi nai - thank you! I have noticed my side effects seem to be worse in the morning too. Usually by the end of day I just feel sort of headachy, but I'm having a round of bronchitis as well so that sure doesn't help. Hope you're feeling better!

• Posted

Hi smorse84, I feel I've more energy after reducing.. and my head a bit clearer. Haven't felt jittery or mood swings. So hopefully it will keep going this good. Just hope it's too good to be true that I'm feeling this well. A little rest is always good.

• Posted

I'm so glad lowering your dose has been working for you. I felt very strongly as you did about not wanting to be on anything for the rest of my life. I took Flu for 4+years and thought I had everything sorted out so I tapered off and took a break for 7 months. Now my depression and anxiety are both back so I have come to terms with possibly needing to stay on a "maintenance dose" as my doctor calls it. So glad you're feeling well xo

• Posted

Gosh I hope I don't relapse.. i think im just trying to take control of my life now. I just felt it kept me numb from making decisions in my life. You know how it is euphoric on earth week and awful the next week. Il keep an eye on that in case of relapse. I know how winter months can get people down as well.x

• Posted

Hi,

I'm glad your anxiety is still ok! I have the vision issue too and you're right, it's very unnerving. I'm ok today. I don't feel great but so far the dizziness hasn't been terrible. At this point I'll take any tiny improvement I can get! Hope you were able to get some rest. Xx

• Posted

Hi love - Glad to hear you're having an OK day. That's a step in the right direction smile You are right, some days we have to take what we can get. Hopefully every day is another day closer for all of us. I got a little rest in and now I'm going to say my rosary beads. Don't know if you guys are spiritual but I definitely am and it definitely helps. <3 

• Posted

Yes it does! My faith has carried me thru this journey, one hard day at a time. Xx
    • Posted

Not too bad today, thank you! Still have a dull headache and stomach is still somewhat off but I think overall I'm doing better today. I was able to drive to the grocery store and do a little shopping and I haven't really felt up to that all week so I would say that's progress. smile Tomorrow I have a PT appointment so we'll see how that goes! How are you doing? Hope the dizziness is better today.

• Posted

Noticing progress can be a great feeling!! I'm glad. I'm doing ok. Felt pretty sick when I woke up - I keep having days where I feel feverish and like I have a flu - but it's gotten a little better as the day has gone on. For the most part the dizziness is better. I'm aware of it if I turn a certain way but it hasn't gotten terrible yet. Xx

• Posted

The problem with progress is that then when you don't feel so good you want to say, "but I felt better yesterday" etc. I'm trying not to make too much of it since I'm still so early on in my course, just trying to do what I feel up to when I feel good enough. I guess the flu-like symptoms are pretty common too, and I definitely feel my side effects more in the morning than the afternoon. Glad you are not as dizzy. Keep hanging in there, you're doing great xo

• Posted

You too! i agree about not getting too excited yet about the good days - these days, the roller coaster always comes back down. Just trying to enjoy every moment that I can. I feel like I've missed so much of my kids' lives these past months while I've been feeling so rotten. Xx

• Posted

I feel like that too, in fact the biggest reason I went back to my doctor was because it dawned on me one day that it was totally unfair for my family to have to live with me anxious and frustrated all the time. It's been bad enough since I started having back problems last year ... I see it as a step toward making up for all that and doing everything I can to make myself better. Life is too short not to be able to enjoy it as much as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.