just checking in and following up

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Attacks come and go. I've been on Celexa for about a month now. I still feel an attack every now and agsin. I take my Celexa in the Am as I tried taking it in the evening and it made my Anxiety worse. Probably because I didn't start taking it at night once prescribed. I started it right away that morning. I just want to let those people know who are struggling please don't give up. Medicine takes time. I've co.e to realize I need to take something to help me sleep at night or I will stay up and worry for hours. But all in all things are slowly getting better. I am learning to deal with things a little better.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

did you end up getting a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

No Just my regular Dr... Waiting on a nuroigist consult. To see if my problems have anything to do with my medical history.
    • Posted

No and right now I don't feel I really need one. I seem to be doing OK. I try and keep my self busy. Now that summer has arrived my kids will be with me all day since they are out of school. So my mind will stay pretty occupied I believe. Trying to keep them busy doing fun things this summer.
    • Posted

Honestly, a lot of people on here will tell you that not getting a therapist soon enough was one of their biggest mistakes. It helps to know how to manage anxiety sooner rather than later, especially with longer wait lists. It's worth it to start sooner.

Can you reconsider?

• Posted

I will talk to my Dr on Monday when I go in for my check up
    • Posted

Perfect!

If you need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM!

you are not alone and you can beat this!

Good luck and all the best!

smile

• Posted

My attacks are very chronic in nature; they will go away, but then come back with a vengeance bigger than the last time.

Lately, I've been taking low doses of melatonin 3 or 4 hours before bedtime on top of my meds. The melatonin lowers my heart rate and relaxes me a bit. It's not very ideal, but it works.

God Bless you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.