Just diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been told I have this as I get the white then blue thing.  But it only happens sometimes, can be once a day, once a week etc...  Is this normal with it because sometimes I think its gone after a month & then it happens again?  Also, my hands are always darker than other peoples.  I will not get the white colour change in really low temperatures, just a slight change.  When it's really cold they are a dark grey / purple colour.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had it for many years. 18? It's gradual. It s triggered by cold yes. Air conditioning is the worst. And if I get nervous. Like public speaking is bad. Hahaha. Look up what Chinese medicine says about Raynauds. Interesting. 

• Posted

But mainly affects my feet now. Which is disconcerting to say the least. I'm a runner forever and still do 5 miles at least 4 times a week. No pain but I get numbness. I heard coffee constricts the arteries so there's that. I only drink one mug a day but I notice it makes my feet act up. It's seems a blood sugar thing as well. No dr has ever known more than me about Raynauds. Not that I go to the dr. Much. 
    • Posted

Hi, but can you go for months without it & then it comes back?
    • Posted

Yes. It's like flare ups. And if you are in the beginning it's probably possible. Me not so much after 18 years of having it. I have the feet thing every day. It doesn't stop me from anything but it's there. 
    • Posted

Hi Shwanie, my raynauds is mostly in my feet now as well, when it all started it was mostly in my fingers...now though I hardly turn the white it's mostly a red burning painful sensation that hurts a lot.

?Is very odd to find someone else where it is mostly at foot level. My doctor wants to get me in for another flolan treatment as this really helped alot last year.

• Posted

That sounds like it to me. Mine go white, then blue especially round the creases of the fingers and then turn a bright red.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.