Just diagnosed with GH, this sucks

Posted , 7 users are following.

As of this afternoon I was diagnosed with GH and all I want to do is crawl into a hole and hide for a while. I have only had two sexual partners,one long term and one mistake, and the GH is from the mistake. 

I am in an incredible amount of pain and just want this whole first outbreak to be over. I feel like I can't live my life while I am in this much pain. 

I also feel very depressed about the situation and what it means for my future. I recently started a new relationship and really like the guy I am seeing. We haven't had sex yet, but I am worried that once I tell him the relationship will be over. 

Right now life just sucks. 

Any advice about living with GH would be appretiated. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Feeling the same! Travelling and alone and in so much pain and lost! Any advice from our first breakout?😪

• Posted

I recently found out I had GH and yes it sucks! I'm not sure when I got it but I assume from my last relationship about a month ago! And first outbreak is so painful, I've cried the last 2 weeks in so much pain!! And depressed in general about the news! You're not alone.

• Posted

You aren't alone by any stretch of the means.

Don't crawl in a hole. Live your life to the fullest but stay true to yourself and if you crawl in a hole make sure you take some HSV literature so you will keep informed. Life is what it is, and it throws us 'stuff' ALL of the time. So keep true to yourself and everything else will fall right in place ?

• Posted

It will all get better in due time .

It's not the end of the world & if this new person that you are seeing no longer wants to talk to you when you tell them your situation then forget them .

At least you were kind enough to tell them and give them a chance . I never was .

• Posted

Me either ... it is best to let people who won't stay just move on!!!

• Posted

Noone on this site i think had the privilege of knowing, we are here to support ☺
  • Posted

You are not alone the same happened to me with a guy who didn't tell me he had it makes me angry thinking about it!! Hope you are ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.