Just finished a period and I FELT TERIBLE.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies. Like the title says......feel  well this one hit me like a ton of bricks intact a felt like I had gone through 10 rounds with Mike Tyson in the boxing ring........

so it's also the longest being on for 7 days!!!! Which I'm normally lasts 3 maybe 4 days tops....migranes for days on and off and even one today as I finished my period!!.

through the week felt terrible....felt like my blood level was down...and felt like I was going to faint no not happening once or twice a lot in this period a couple times espicially at work. Which scared me I felt like this is probable the worst period with symptoms I have not really had so I'm thinking well I'm already in peri and have been abit now so is this what to expect now longer days in a period? Feeling as though I was going to pass out? And with this going black and the sound draining!! Like being under water....

lim on medication as I suffer with migranes...so I take Sumertription for this...acid reflux so I take medication for this and Propanolol again for prevention for migranes....

does anyone have some advice on what would be suitable to take or probably nothing to take? Just a little advice or reinsurance of someone.

when you have something new happening it's weird and frightening anway Thankyou all and reading ....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well I have been bleeding on and off for the last month and have my period right now! So I know how you feel! This is a nightmare I can relate! I too can get menstrual migraines which today I have a slight headache I used to be so regular every twenty eight days but the last three years have skipped a month here and there but pay the next month with either a seven day plus period or spotting the whole month the crazy thing is no one talks about perimenopause it's a nightmare I tell you
  • Posted

Hi Shelly, I've not got traditional meno symptoms, my GP said I'm a mystery but I know other woman have similar symptoms because of this forum

I became dizzy in March last year and it never left I was at every doctor known to man, had ct scan, eventually diagnosed with vistibular migraine. Tried nortriptyline but that never agreed with me, now my GP has started me on propanarol to prevent migraine and also stematil for dizziness, this is my 2nd day of the beta blocker and it's made me feel ill more dizzy n spaced out

I also take HRT, estradot 25 patch and 100 mg daily of progesterone. I'm thinking of stopping the lot, fed up with it all, I think the side effects of the tablets are making things worse for me

So just wanted you to know that your not alone Shelly,all your symptoms are due to hormone decline once they level out hopefully we'll start to feel normal again

They say this is not an illness well I've had to give my job up can't drive hardly leave the house always anxious and feel very low, never knew the menopause could be so bad

Take care and give us a shout if you need any help xx

• Posted

Hi hun aww bless you! I know exactly how uou feel luvvie and it is so scary, confusing, frightening and frustrating -all at once too.

I have had 2 period this months after spotting on and of for 3 months and thd last one was quite heavy. I felt a bit better after but 5 days on ive gone to ferling blinkin awful again. Sore boobs, back ache but also spaced out, slughtly dizzy and just an odd draining feeling like I' m in a gold fish bowl looking out. I really try not to panic but sometimes i get so scared i am going to pass out. I didnt thank goodness but its an awful feeling😂.

Thankfully i wasnt at work and was in my home with my family but i still felt awful.

I really feel for tou love. Just try not to panic and remember we are all in it together. This forum is an amazing lifeline and stress reliever. The ladies who post here are fab and I cant express how they have all helpedcme without even knowing.

Hope you feel reassured hun and keep smiling if you can-we are all there with you xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.