Just found out

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with a glomus jugulare tumour, I am a 43yrs old female. I have seen a consultant in my local Hospital and he has given me three options:- Leave the tumour and be monitored yearly, Surgery, or radiotherapy. I have to go back in a month and let him know how I would like to proceed. He has told me the pros and cons of all three treatments, but I have read so much it is now not sinking in. Is there anybody who has had radiotherapy, is so were? how was it? Did it work? because I am thinking of going to wards that treatment. Any info good or bad would be very helpful

Thanks

Didle South Wales[/i]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ok I have had no reply to my first forum, so thought I would reply to let other people know more. I had Gamma knife surgery in Sheffield at the beginning of December, I will not know if it has worked for at least a year. Side effects so far first two weeks felt I had the hang-over from hell. Have slight altered feeling in left side of face feels like I have been to the Dentist and had anesthetic.
  • Posted

Hi, it shows that this post was over 1 year so do I'm not sure anyone will still be reading this. I am curious to hear an update following your gamma knife surgery. I have a small (2cm) glomus jugulare tumor and also had the gamma knife procedure June 11, 2015. After the first month following the GKS I noticed my symptoms were either gone or diminishing. Things were back to normal between August and December 2015, but then slowly the symptoms started returning. It's now the end of march 2016 and I've got pulsatile tinnitus, ear ache, and it constantly feels like someone has their finger stuffed in my ear. I
    • Posted

(Sorry, typing on my phone and accidently submitted it) I have mild waves of dizziness also. I had high hopes the GKS had actually eliminated my symptoms but I guess not. I'm thankful I do not have any speech or swallowing issues, or the facial paralysis that can be common. I returned to St. Louis in December 2015 for a followup MRI and CT scan to track the growth or lack of growth. There has been no tumor growth, but my symptoms seem to be progressing again. I have an appointment for the end of march to be fitted for a hearing aid. I'm 53 years old so at least it's not unheard of for someone my age to use a hearing aid.

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.